(2) BMW R1150 GSA's for £7495 & £7699

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The geometry of the back one in Paul's post looks different to the first two, is it just that its not on the centre stand? The back end looks really low. That white one looks fantastic.

Looks a shed though:augie

Good bikes will always sell for good money................future classic:rolleyes:

Stick with your warranty replaced WC, nowt for you to see here:augie

....................a while since I had a GS now :)

You looking to try and sell one of your old tractors again :augie

You looking to try and sell one of your old tractors again :augie

No, they ride better than anything else for my needs and becoming depreciation proof now and in future years, my silver one may one day surpass it's original £9000 purchase price in 2005:augie

Mmmmh, I'm now seriously having a think about moving on my 2005 1150ADV SE with 1050 miles and 2005 1150ADV with 6k miles.

:D

Mmmmh, I'm now seriously having a think about moving on my 2005 1150ADV SE with 1050 miles and 2005 1150ADV with 6k miles.

:D

Hope they're correctly 'stored';)

Your pension pot appears to be doing ok....but wait a year a two more before they peak:thumby:

No, they ride better than anything else for my needs and becoming depreciation proof now and in future years, my silver one may one day surpass it's original £9000 purchase price in 2005:augie

True after 32 years my gsx1100 is worth 3 times what I paid for it , similarly looked at a nice Laverda RGS in a dealer this morning on an A plate and it was priced at three times more than its new price in 1983

Yep my lc 350's an my GSX 750 ET an Norton's have gone banana's glad I got into them early on, tbh though high money for an 1150 that but it was an SE

Hope they're correctly 'stored';)

Your pension pot appears to be doing ok....but wait a year a two more before they peak:thumby:

Or sell them and plank all the money on the right watch.... less room needed to store and look after a watch.

Sensible choice..............plus you can't go to Trisha's with a 1150 GSA on your wrist;)

Believe me no decent watch gets worn on a night out in Trishas. Soho at 4am is not the place to be wondering around slightly tired and emotional with any valuables. :D

Must admit its making Hex heads very attractive, seen 7 1150 gsa's so far in the flesh and bar one cracker others have all been a bit pants haha for the money thats being asked.

Guessing there's gotta be some decent correctly priced bikes out there It's interesting looking at what they were selling for on eBay in the bikes that actually sold a lot under 4grand with 40,000 on the clock not to long ago few weeks,
an a silver one that was a cracker with 16k miles for 5,250 03 plate

I remember in 2001 / 2002 the price of an 1150 was GBP7500
just under half my salary at the time
In Aus it was about the same, maybe just over half
I went for a job interview / discussion in New Zealand. I knew that salary amount was going to be raised so I got to Auckland Airport, called the local motorrad dealer and asked the price of an 1150GSA, he told me, I said thank you.
I doubled that price rounded it up a bit and that was my asking figure.

I didnt get a position but I did ask about the salray ball park - was told that it was right in the ball park for the type of role we were discussing.

Or sell them and plank all the money on the right watch.... less room needed to store and look after a watch.

The worlds gone mad, a motorcycle is for riding. As for a watch 4.99 from Lidl and it tells the time, why would I need more?

John

It was me who bought the SE. I probably did pay a bit over on it but its all relative. TBH I didnt buy it as an investment I bought it to ride it, nor did I pay full whack for it, there was a bit of haggle room. It is a nice bike, it was exactly what I had been looking for for quite some time, well years actually, every time I see a nice SE its bloody gone before I get a sniff at it, so I just happened across it and thought why the heck not and phoned him from South Africa and deal done! I miss my 1200GSA wc it was a massive leap from the previous bike I had, but I loved my previous 1150 so much more. I intend using it so it will depreciate, but then I am depreciating at a greater degree every year not on a bike, so its all relative I suppose :rob As long as I don't loose my shirt on it then it will be fine.

Awesome mate :D really chuffed you found the right one for you :) it's interesting what you said about your previous 1150 compared to WC GSA I'm on the hunt for my first GSA 1150 after disasters with the watercooled GSA I had looking even more forward to an 1150 GSA now

Back
Top Bottom