(2) BMW R1150 GSA's for £7495 & £7699

Tom, the 1150 is far more sensible. The 1200 was lightened (less strong) and more powerful (more highly stressed) so it is faster and probably more nimble if you are capable of telling the difference. After only about 800,000 miles of riding bikes I know I am not good enough to.

In two minds about selling mine now.....I had a Darmah SS900 that we had to sell, which I got the right sort of money for at the time (£3000). They are now fetching between £25,000 and £40,000 I heard for one minter. But then I think why worry.....live for the now.

The 2004 R1200GS has officially become a collectors item £9750 :jes
Check out this Australian gumtree add, people do live in their own little world
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/heidelberg-west/motorcycles/bmw-r1200-gs-2004-collector/1147729874

or so I thought until it broke down three times in two days. I was happy to keep with a return of some cash my way but dealer wanted it back. So its gone and I am now the proud new owner of a 2017 1200GSA TB...oh well thats the way the cookie crumbles I suppose. 1200 is brilliant, but I do still have a soft spot for 1150GSA SE. One day! I will maybe buy Steptoes one with very low miles when he gets round to selling it or swapping it for a nice watch???

G

or so I thought until it broke down three times in two days. I was happy to keep with a return of some cash my way but dealer wanted it back. So its gone and I am now the proud new owner of a 2017 1200GSA TB...oh well thats the way the cookie crumbles I suppose. 1200 is brilliant, but I do still have a soft spot for 1150GSA SE. One day! I will maybe buy Steptoes one with very low miles when he gets round to selling it or swapping it for a nice watch???

G

You've done the right thing, those 1150's are shite :rob:D

Back
Top Bottom