(2) BMW R1150 GSA's for £7495 & £7699

Awesome mate :D really chuffed you found the right one for you :) it's interesting what you said about your previous 1150 compared to WC GSA I'm on the hunt for my first GSA 1150 after disasters with the watercooled GSA I had looking even more forward to an 1150 GSA now

Tom, the 1150 is far more sensible. The 1200 was lightened (less strong) and more powerful (more highly stressed) so it is faster and probably more nimble if you are capable of telling the difference. After only about 800,000 miles of riding bikes I know I am not good enough to.

In two minds about selling mine now.....I had a Darmah SS900 that we had to sell, which I got the right sort of money for at the time (£3000). They are now fetching between £25,000 and £40,000 I heard for one minter. But then I think why worry.....live for the now.

No, they ride better than anything else for my needs and becoming depreciation proof now and in future years, my silver one may one day surpass it's original £9000 purchase price in 2005:augie

A good 1150Adv, and a BoxerCup Replika - and you're looking at good coverage, and depreciation-free enjoyment.

Al

A good 1150Adv, and a BoxerCup Replika - and you're looking at good coverage, and depreciation-free enjoyment.

Al

Or buy a regular 1150GS for half the money & a BoxerCup - and you're looking at good coverage, depreciation free enjoyment and money in the bank to pay for the petrol to really enjoy them.

Or buy a regular 1150GS for half the money & a BoxerCup - and you're looking at good coverage, depreciation free enjoyment and money in the bank to pay for the petrol to really enjoy them.

If I had a 1150 GS I'd want a GSA

The 6th on the GS is a pita IMHO

Awesome mate :D really chuffed you found the right one for you :) it's interesting what you said about your previous 1150 compared to WC GSA I'm on the hunt for my first GSA 1150 after disasters with the watercooled GSA I had looking even more forward to an 1150 GSA now

I hope you find a nice one, they seem to come in batches. None then a whole load crop up at once. :thumb

I didnt have any disasters with my WC, it was an amazing tool, but I just didnt bond with it the way I did with the previous 1150. I did more miles on it and it was completely trouble free, I just cant put my finger on it. I could have quite easily gone for a pcp deal on a new one with less initial outgoing and was very tempted to do that, but something was drawing me back to the 1150. Lets hope I have not gone too far to the dark side and that I enjoy the 1150 as I did previously. I had tried all the variants of the 1200 as they came out and every time I got back onto the 1150 I thought na, this is better, that was until I tried the WC1200 and then I thought wow. But it was never going to be a keeper, I was worried about all the electronics and whilst it was amazing to ride... I just cant put my finger on it. This one however, is going to be a keeper. :clap

Cheers mate really appreciate the opinion it's a hard search up to now haha considered hexheads a lil to the 06/07s as very similar price to some of the 1150s with very low miles

But I think those 1150s are just at daft prices
When you look at the motoworks one an some other bikes that I've been offered bit more realistic :) can understand why someone might pay more though if they were desperate for one all a bit of a weigh up

If I had a 1150 GS I'd want a GSA

The 6th on the GS is a pita IMHO

I have a GS with the GSA 6th gear- one of many options when I bought it. I have personally never seen the point of the GSA but that is just my preference. I like the GS as it is, I don't want to ride off road or go for more than 200 odd miles without stopping. I still enjoy riding it, especially now it has Johns chip giving it a little more go. Unless I win the lottery I can't see me buying a new LC and even then I doubt I would part with the GS.

John

I have a GS with the GSA 6th gear- one of many options when I bought it. I have personally never seen the point of the GSA but that is just my preference. I like the GS as it is, I don't want to ride off road or go for more than 200 odd miles without stopping. I still enjoy riding it, especially now it has Johns chip giving it a little more go. Unless I win the lottery I can't see me buying a new LC and even then I doubt I would part with the GS.

John

GS is fine, like you I prefer the lower 6th gear of the GSA variant and this was available in about 2003/4 on regular GS - as a 'sport' option

Liked my 1100/1150 GS.............just prefer the looks of the GSA and the taller suspension for me

The worlds gone mad, a motorcycle is for riding. As for a watch 4.99 from Lidl and it tells the time, why would I need more?

John

Because your £4.99 watch from Lidl won't make you a £12k profit over 2 years. :D

I know Sean well who is selling the SE and all his bikes are mint and always well presented you'll be getting a good one.

Because your £4.99 watch from Lidl won't make you a £12k profit over 2 years. :D

I need to look into this more now seeing that my company ( after 27 years employment ) pension is crumbling away...and that I've also just inherited an 1860s' Elgin pocket watch that isn't worth much but has definitely fired an interest in the subject :augie

Now where to start investigating...

I hope you find a nice one, they seem to come in batches. None then a whole load crop up at once. :thumb

I didnt have any disasters with my WC, it was an amazing tool, but I just didnt bond with it the way I did with the previous 1150. I did more miles on it and it was completely trouble free, I just cant put my finger on it. I could have quite easily gone for a pcp deal on a new one with less initial outgoing and was very tempted to do that, but something was drawing me back to the 1150. Lets hope I have not gone too far to the dark side and that I enjoy the 1150 as I did previously. I had tried all the variants of the 1200 as they came out and every time I got back onto the 1150 I thought na, this is better, that was until I tried the WC1200 and then I thought wow. But it was never going to be a keeper, I was worried about all the electronics and whilst it was amazing to ride... I just cant put my finger on it. This one however, is going to be a keeper. :clap

Sounds good, enjoy.
I'm loving my 04' GSA more and more, 62k miles and it seems to keep improving providing that you do all the necessary required at the right times and keep on top of any issues however small :rolleyes:
Planning on keeping this for a long time but just recently have had a strange inclination to get a low mileage Guzzi Stelvio for racking up loads more miles and switching between the two..or three if I include the CCM :D

I bought mine within a similar time of it being advertised in fleabay too

Back
Top Bottom