Should I go back to an 1150GSA?

Gog5y

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks, after a very bad couple of years due to downturn in work I had to sell my 1200GSA WC two years ago. Broke my heart to let it go. Things have picked up a bit and I am just about to buy again. I have seen a very nice 1150GSA SE and wondered if I should go back to that for now. I had an 1150 for a good few years prior to the wc and loved it. Couldn't part with it for the hex head when it came out but was tempted enough with the wc. What do you think, will I have gone to the dark side with the wc and find it difficult to live with the old 1150 again? I am very tempted as I have had an eye out for an SE for ages and they are so rare. what do you think? Answers on a post card to Undecided!!

Cheers, G

I know I have bought it, well pending me coming home from SA that is, but have I made the right choice?

I know I have bought it, well pending me coming home from SA that is, but have I made the right choice?

Good man, I have ridden (but not owned) all the 1200 variants

For me, yep they have loads of gadgets and are a bit quicker/lighter/better mpg...............but none has said 'buy me'

Sure, many like the 1200's and they sell well

Personal choice - I think the 1150 GSA is the bike I like most - they just look right and to me the 1200's just look 'bitty and unfinished' is the best way to describe it

Mike O lost one in a fire in 2012 - he chose to buy another 1150GSA when it would have been easier to go get a new or used 1200, but he didn't

Good man, I have ridden (but not owned) all the 1200 variants

For me, yep they have loads of gadgets and are a bit quicker/lighter/better mpg...............but none has said 'buy me'

Sure, many like the 1200's and they sell well

Personal choice - I think the 1150 GSA is the bike I like most - they just look right and to me the 1200's just look 'bitty and unfinished' is the best way to describe it

Mike O lost one in a fire in 2012 - he chose to buy another 1150GSA when it would have been easier to go get a new or used 1200, but he didn't
Thanks JohnnyBoxer, that has put my mind at rest. Cant wait to get home now and back on the road. :beerjug:

Thanks JohnnyBoxer, that has put my mind at rest. Cant wait to get home now and back on the road. :beerjug:

Another thing, when I visit my local BMW dealer and look at the new WC's, the service lads all say keep the 1150's

Back
Top Bottom