Coating a standard GSA LC silencer black.

auf_wiedersehen_pet

Reaction score
I want to coat my standard silencer black - before anybody mentions it, I know it's a stupid idea and I should get out and ride the thing instead of actually caring what it looks like.

Anyhow, anybody done theirs or any engine parts? I know Nutty has his rockers done.

Pitfalls? Advice? Recommendations of coaters?

Thanks in advance.

I met with Gazbo4292 last week at Hilltop. He had his coated and they looked excellent. Worth a PM to him

Silencer

I had my exhaust silencer ceramic coated from Camcoat in Warrington, I prefer the standard silencer for a number of reasons apart from the colour.

I am really pleased with the finish it now has l, I will post some photos tomorrow, they quoted a three week turn around but in fact only needed just over one week, cost was £130 total.

That looks really good.

I had mine powder coated free of charge by my dealer done over a thousand miles now all good.
54130b426927ada0eac7dfe474e96627.jpg
bd841309acbfa4d5b86d85e0f45e51bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Amazing very nice . How is about strength and scratch resistance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, VERY nice.
May have done the mounting bracket as well tho

They look good, don't they.:thumb

Agreed about the hanger, that needs to be black as well.:rob

I may get my headers on the KTM done.

Looks very cool. Keen to hear about scratch resistance. All well and good getting it done but if it looks like shit 3 months later that would really piss me off

They look good, don't they.:thumb

Agreed about the hanger, that needs to be black as well.:rob

I may get my headers on the KTM done.
Yea i didn't get the hanger done just in case I didn't like it then I would have put the original back on! But I may get it done now!!

I've tried to supply pictures but I can't seem to manage, however my silencer is not as shiny as the one pictured, mine is more of a satin finish but I did get the hanging bracket and the heat shield done in gloss, it looks a great contrast

Dine mine last night in matt black with spray looks good hopefully it lasts if not ill have to buy an Akrapovic

Its a hard Life

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 167
That looks decent Rob mine was done by Adam at Cannons for free see pictures above. I was chatting to you about your Rallye nice bike.

That looks decent Rob mine was done by Adam at Cannons for free see pictures above. I was chatting to you about your Rallye nice bike.

How you doing mate ? did you enjoy your Breakfast LOL

Back
Top Bottom