City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.1

When I click on the details.

For

City Navigator Europe NTU 2017.3 I get d6210020a.img
First - City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.1 I get gpamaprom.img
and for the second City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.1
I get d6210030a.img

Any ideas why it's keeping the old map?

I noticed this, too. My device is only showing the latest set of maps, the old set only revealing themselves when the maps are drawn across into BaseCamp. I have no idea why the old set are retained but invisible.

I came to the pragmatic conclusion that, as the device is functioning normally, it didn't matter.

I noticed this, too. My device is only showing the latest set of maps, the old set only revealing themselves when the maps are drawn across into BaseCamp. I have no idea why the old set are retained but invisible.

I came to the pragmatic conclusion that, as the device is functioning normally, it didn't matter.

The only side effect I'm seeing is that even though routes are drawn using the 2018.1 maps, they are still being re-calculated when transferred.

I presume that it can't actually have all on them on the device. Not enoiugh memory.

I wonder if it's an artefact of having more than one map in Basecamp -- When one updates maps on Basecamp, it keeps the old maps on the computer (probaby in case you have more than one device, one of which may still have the old ones)

"Generally" the usage is:

gmapprom.img (normaly preinstalled maps)
gmpaprom1.img (Second map (or part thereof))
gmapsupp.img (maps downloaded to the GPS)
gmapbmap.img (base map)
gmapoem.img (Oem maps?)

On SD card you can only have gmapsupp.img. gmapsup1 (2/3/ etc.)

gmapprom is not overwritten by update software.

You can call gmapsup* maps whatever you like.

I presume that it can't actually have all on them on the device. Not enoiugh memory.

I wonder if it's an artefact of having more than one map in Basecamp -- When one updates maps on Basecamp, it keeps the old maps on the computer (probaby in case you have more than one device, one of which may still have the old ones)

I have removed the old maps from my Mac, I always do when I update the maps. The old set of maps is not visible in BaseCamp until I connect my Nav 6, when they get drawn across from the device. The old map set is not viewable on my Nav 6, in as much as I cannot see it listed in 'installed maps' so cannot select it. If I connect a Nav V - that definitely does not have the old maps on it - to my Mac and summon up BaseCamp, no earlier maps are revealed.

The internal memory space on the Nav 6 is much increased over earlier models.

The only side effect I'm seeing is that even though routes are drawn using the 2018.1 maps, they are still being re-calculated when transferred.

New maps don't have the same point references. Everything gets shuffled as new data are added to the map, hence the recalculation.
If the recalculated route is saved, it wont recalculate until the next map update.

New maps don't have the same point references. Everything gets shuffled as new data are added to the map, hence the recalculation.
If the recalculated route is saved, it wont recalculate until the next map update.

The op appears to have identical maps on device & BaseCamp.

I'm updating now, again, and hope it works.
I copied the 2018.10 maps onto a SD card and put in the Nav V but the maps weren't found when I checked the device????

Back
Top Bottom