Off Road in Morocco 2017

We were riding nice and quick through he forest, the trail took us clear of the trees and onto a flat sweeping plain, with lush green meadows either side. Paul D was leading and I was at the rear, I came round a long sweeping bend to see that the other three bikes had stopped and Paul D was getting off his bike. As I got closer I could see a very small lamb in the middle of the road, moving with it's front legs and dragging it's rear end behind it. Not a very nice sight, but the poor little thing didn't seem to be in pain, it was making a bleating noise and didn't seem distressed.

Before we knew it we were surrounded by small children and teenagers, they were coming from everywhere, Paul D finally found out who was looking after the flock and gave him some cash, to cover the cost of the lamb, the kid seemed happy enough and we made to leave, one other little bastard was clearly after more money for the Shepard or some money for the rest of the kids. Paul D rightly told him to fuck off and off we went. As we left I took a look at the Shepard, to me he seemed a very happy bunny, I'm sure if Paul had given him a few more quid he would have, killed it, skinned it and field dressed it for our dinner. But as it was I'm sure his family had a nice meal the next couple of days !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After the cedar forest we did the........

5da3907441cd31bd370274377cbeb63b.jpg

For me the Cirque De Jaafare last year was a massive test. Last year on very much the same trip as this year, the Cirque De Jaafare for me was very hard, I was a tired, sore, it was muddy, cold and horrible. Last year I had a number of off's that day so I was physically fucked, a couple of people had decided not do it for the same reasons.

But this year, it was and I was completely different, I wasn't tired, I had no off's, I was gelled with the bike and more confident in myself.

This is me happy, no I'm not standing in a hole!!
d50d7b91923a026aea7d0f5361d5c0ff.jpg

Not as scary as I remembered:
d345667d59af81954508ddfdddad5106.jpg
769518ec468a84f231a96cefa7231ab0.jpg

And there's a long boring video .... Sadly this route has started to show all the signs of progress, and is likely to be completely graded end to end within the next few years - :eek:

Yep, the Cirque has been gradually ruined over the past few years :blast

Well, that was a cracking days riding, we rode thru' Midelt, to our hotel, we stayed there last year. It looked a bit tired, but it was very cheap, as with most of them it was full of tourists. We got a good deal of 40 MAD each inc breakfast and three course meal, food was fantastic although simple.

We were here:
ae17689e27c585eea1a3007d14bb4db0.png

Beer Time:
9ace035431b293d8873e15163ac14cf8.jpg

c44c8a6adb5701ba25fe307c36821733.jpg
88fbac90f73d939d0280bb713c1d7a66.jpg

This one?

e961e4faf90bbfb327253f4d8e0477fc.jpg

Auberge Tislite, my favourite place to stay in Morocco!

Freezing cold but when the stove's going it's lovely and the old dear who runs it makes sure you get enough brekky before heading off.

Anyway Mr Moon, I'm suprised you survived this long without any Spicy Sausages :D

Anyway Mr Moon, I'm suprised you survived this long without any Spicy Sausages :D

I know, as soon as you get to Morocco you want a bacon Sarni & a beer !!!

Plenty of spicy sausages in Iceland (That's not a euphemism)!

DAY 4

We were all up early this morning, well I wasn't, I got to breakfast and everyone else had eaten, I had a nice slow breakfast, it's only day 4 and I'm starting to get sick of eggs. So A quick egg count I've had 10 eggs since we got to Morocco. Well I won't be shitting myself anytime soon.

Anyway, all packed up and we are ready to go, we all need fuel and food Mr B's bike is burning oil so he needs a top up. Today is a short day we are heading for Beni Tadjit, we had a group talk last night and we've decided not to go to Figuig, couple of reasons, but mainly none of us had been so really we didn't know if it would be worth it. Turns out Rob went and it was worth the trip.

After our coffee we head off again, an easy ride to Beni Tadjite. There's a old French Legion fort on the way and we stop for a few minutes, it's been stripped of anything useful and if you've seen some of the buildings in Morocco you'll know that they are mainly mud and straw.

8debdcab20ce76b8fa4acebed6c817f9.jpg

Very bleak place but as you look round you can see that on the hig ground this place we defendable, but there's a higher hill near by and I wondered about the strategy, or maybe defending the water supply was key, then as I wandered there is still a modern (ish) pumping house on the banks of the river.

4be11b113a6590375068fe388b5b3f23.jpg
1bb83e799e9d7004584ffecebcfd3864.jpg

Back
Top Bottom