Whaaaaat!! No Wheelies? I'm out.

First service done. Turn off the MTC and she wheelies! Happeeeeeeey!

Quick access button set to MTC :green gri

Off to Hilltop with you!

Edit: No good telling you to go Hilltop unless I do the same. All booked in for April 4th. :D See you there?

I would be very interested in the results, wouldn't mind closing the gap between the 1090 and the 1190 a little, likely to keep the 1090 a while longer and eventually trade the 1190 in, so might make sense to get the 1090 sorted.

I would be very interested in the results, wouldn't mind closing the gap between the 1090 and the 1190 a little, likely to keep the 1090 a while longer and eventually trade the 1190 in, so might make sense to get the 1090 sorted.

Don't even think about it. Just get it done. In recent years nearly every bike I've had was running lean before the tune and bang on after. My GSA had 200 miles on it when I got it done and the 1290 would've been done too - but for KTM restrictions until first service. I doubt the 1090 has restrictions anyway??

Second test ride on a 1290 Adventure today. Try as I might (and this is the second multi-attempt) the front doesn't stay up for more than a second or so. Once, the bike said...."No...STOP...Thats it, I'm OUT", stalled in the process and on screen told me I was behaving in an 'illegal' fashion. :blast

For a start, the odd wheelie is fun and therefore cannot be considered illegal...just a warm emotional moment between bike and rider...so long as all goes well and you're by yourself in a deserted road.

I don't need the anti-wheelie police here, just need to work out why you can't switch it to wheelie mode. The 1290 SDuke has a 'track pack' which, when installed, has the desired effect. This is probably Euro 4 silliness.

Worth mentioning that we'd sat down, sorted options/colors/bling, only to be told the wheelie thing isn't happening 'yet'. It's a show-stopper for me so it's all on hold! :blast

I hate anti wheelie control and wish it could be turned off permanently.

It spoils my 790 Duke and gets on my tits every time the front lifts slightly and it cuts the power.

It’s simply far too intrusive especially for a bike like the 790 Duke which is aimed at those who want an interesting ride

Spoils what is apart from this a fantastic bike.

Ok,well done.

Now try this :

upload pictures

Anyone can run over a camera if they leave it in the road :D

I don't think what he's doing is particularly difficult, especially if those are SuperMoto boots he's wearing. Now... if he had his elbow down, THAT would be good. I think SteveC10 could do it on his 790.

I don't think he is moving, he looks as if he has just tried to get on and is now in the middle of dropping the bike.

Back
Top Bottom