Other than some spannering they look easy enough to change

the thoughts of the populous would be welcome

I had my 2015GSA-LC serviced yesterday
Advised new brake discs needed soon, front and rear
Quote seemed a bit high ala BMW main dealer
Where can I get discs and how much should they be

Other than some spannering they look easy enough to change

the thoughts of the populous would be welcome
How many miles has the bike done to be needing new discs?

if you end up changing them yourself make sure the torx bit is a good fit in the screws and also use a heat gun to soften the threadlock,use new bolts upon assembly they are not dear from BMW

You need a fair bit of heat on the studs from a hot air gun to soften the threadlock before spannering.

Ive used ebc pads berore, no problems i have heard on other models that some of the high end / fast road race pads are just that. Ie you need to get em to operating temps and use! If that makes sense

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Just because the dealer says you need discs does not mean you have to rush out and buy them tomorrow. First thing I'd be doing is measuring them myself. JJH

When a dealer service person sucks their teeth and reports "Your disks are down to half a millimetre", as mine did, bear in mind there's only 1mm between a new disk new and minimum thickness.

And... I found an Italian on-line shop which allegedly sells genuine Brembo disks for rather less than Motorworks sell them. If only I'd bothered bookmarking the site. :rolleyes:

How many miles has the bike done to be needing new discs?

I've done just shy of 21000 miles
They mentioned that they might need doing in the next few months based on the mileage I am doing which is about 7000 (ish) a year

I've changed the pads before for Brembo's

Back
Top Bottom