Schuberth C3/C3 Pro/E1 & Sena 10U

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to buy an E1 (is C4 does not meet my expectations) and a Sena 10U, as i like the integration of it into the helmet unlike 10S or 20S.

I own a GSA LC and wonder how you guys have managed to mont remote on the bars without it being to far from reach or in unsightly place (photos please) this is the only thing that does stop me buying 10U over 10S.

Thank you guys.

EV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well.....

I've got mine mounted where they suggest on the L/H side next to the BMW jockey wheelie thingy. It's not perfect but it doesn't foul the jockey wheel - you just have to be a little more conscious of your actions using the jockey wheel.

If I am honest, I am thinking of jettisoning the remote because I hardly ever use it. In fact, I'm not sure whether there is anything it can do that you can't do using the two buttons in the helmet. For me, at least, the remote doesn't really feature in the way I use the headset. I can see it may come into its own if you are riding in heavy rain and don't want to be opening and closing your visor.

I've got mine mounted where they suggest on the L/H side next to the BMW jockey wheelie thingy. It's not perfect but it doesn't foul the jockey wheel - you just have to be a little more conscious of your actions using the jockey wheel.

If I am honest, I am thinking of jettisoning the remote because I hardly ever use it. In fact, I'm not sure whether there is anything it can do that you can't do using the two buttons in the helmet. For me, at least, the remote doesn't really feature in the way I use the headset. I can see it may come into its own if you are riding in heavy rain and don't want to be opening and closing your visor.

My C4 arrives today and I also have the remote. I will also try to fit mine as suggested above. Once I have done will post a photo. If it works, great, if not it goes back in the box. Just hate fiddling around with my lid when I'm riding

Thank you Andy for your reply.

My problem with mounting remote next to the bmw scroll wheel, is that I am already knocking the wheel with my hand if i am doing a very tight right hand turn, where full steering lock is engaged. Reason why this happens is because I have unusually shaped hands. Long and relatively narrow. Because of this, I am wearing size 11/12 gloves and because gloves are so wide at the palm, my hand takes up entire grip.

So I need a better solution for a remote. The two buttons on 10U probably will do everything I need it to do, but i do not want to keep opening/closing the visor every time I need to perform the operation.

EV

but i do not want to keep opening/closing the visor every time I need to perform the operation.

The only thing I would say about that is once I'm on the move I have very little reason to need to touch the buttons. Your answer is going to be trial and error but I'm confident you will work something out for you.

I also have 11/12 size gloves. The one thing with the remote is if you prefer to have your clutch lever on the setting closest to the bar it means that when you pull the clutch in to start the bike in gear it won't. Not really a problem as such with the size of hands you and I have!!

I should have added that I don't really take phone calls on the move but if I do they come up on the screen of my Nav 5 and I answer it there so no 10U buttons needed.

I generally listen to music from my Nav 5 because it is easier than messing with a phone. However, I do notice that with the phone and the Nav dialed in the phone looses charge pretty quickly. One of these days I'll rig something up to charge the phone on the go.

I should have added that I don't really take phone calls on the move but if I do they come up on the screen of my Nav 5 and I answer it there so no 10U buttons needed.

I generally listen to music from my Nav 5 because it is easier than messing with a phone. However, I do notice that with the phone and the Nav dialed in the phone looses charge pretty quickly. One of these days I'll rig something up to charge the phone on the go.

Thank you Andy, I shall pop by to my local suppliers to check things out.

Back
Top Bottom