Advice on route from west to east

Dirty Ming

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After an extensive search on here and bestbikingroads all I've ended up with is a headache...

In a couple of weeks I'm coming up to Diss for a couple of days. A mate there is sorting routes for when we're there but I'm after something more interesting coming up than M4, M25, M1 etc. Got a decent route I've done before up to Banbury but from there across East I'm in the dark. Anyone got any suggestions that don't stray too far off the quickest route for a bit of variety? A mate and his missus as pillion are also coming so no off-roading excursions if you please.......

Cheers all

Have a look at an app called 'Scenic' - works on both Apple and Android.

You have to pay a bit, depending on how much you use it, and you can transfer various types of file into it (box and others). One feature I like is being able to drag and drop google maps into it.

Getting back to your point, you can enter start and finish points, and via if you want them, and select 'curvy routes' which I've found works quite well.

Customer support is excellent.

No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Kind regards,

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, but I did the trip a couple of weeks ago so a but late. Having said that, I'll have a look at that app. We went to the Dolomites recently and on the return journey used an app called Kurviger...... You can choose curvy or very curvy routes - took us on some fantastic roads we'd never have found normally.

Hi Chap, from Banbury find A421, follow to Milton Keynes, around the town still looking for A421, carry on on this till A1 up a junction Right on A428, follow till Cambridge then A14 till A11 to Thetford then Right on A1066 to Diss. Can be a bit (lot) of traffic on this route at times (avoid 14 around Cambridge at rush hours) but a nice A road route cross country route. I know you have already done this trip but if coming over to East in future might be handy. Cheers, John B

Back
Top Bottom