They really are quick

nice1myson

Reaction score
Out yesterday with 2 lads on bmw gs bikes , didn't realize how quick them things really are , they only fell back on longer straights , but in the twisties they where awesome and cornered like they where on rails , i suppose it's the rider but we where not hanging about , and they looked really comfortable :beerjug:

You've nailed it , they are fussy over engineered bags of technology ,that for some mental reason handle like fuck , gave up sports bikes a few years ago when hanging onto the arse of a two up gs on the way home from skye, gobsmacked by the way it seemed to run into the bends with no braking, on my third now, wire in.

they are brilliant, i have 2 sports bikes but love the GS ..it does everything well, the telelever suspension is brilliant and the main reason i haven't gone orange also the shaft drive, just had 3 days in yorkshire dales watching the tour with my mate on a RR, he's now a GS convert

The telelever suspension flatters the average-good rider. The long-travel suspension soaks up the bumps.....

Give a top road-rider a conventional bike, and he will prevail however.......

I've long-argued that an R1100s/R1200s (and now most of the LC models) on good Scottish roads, limiting top speed to 90mph (to preserve license and not give ultimate horsepower the edge on straights) - would ace a conventional sports bike (600 or 1000cc) over a decent trip.

Give the 600cc sports bike to John McGuinness, or Guy Martin though................????

I reckon I am faster through the bends on my HP2s than on my R-1.

Al

R-1 ...... what do you expect!

But - of no significance to the thread.

Real roads, real riders.............. Telelever/big twin............ wins.

Al

It is good actually. I had my GSA moment today.

Its heavy through flick twisties, but you can be brutal with it power steering.

I like it.

Lacks power on the straights, but it is what it is.

Good bike, very good.

Out yesterday with 2 lads on bmw gs bikes , didn't realize how quick them things really are , they only fell back on longer straights , but in the twisties they where awesome and cornered like they where on rails , i suppose it's the rider but we where not hanging about , and they looked really comfortable :beerjug:

Try a Hilltopped XR. If you like bombing along, you'll love them.

I think I might try and build my perfect bike garage.

A) Old Bandit 1250 street fighter (for Winter Salt riding, Dodgy overnight stays and venues requiring unsecured remote parking)

B) Bmw R1200GS Adventure Triple Black (Main all year-round bike)

C) Ducati Panigale 1299 (Summer Posing out with the lads)

Now just to get that Panigale.... some how....

Back
Top Bottom