SW Motech Trax - any good?

Nutty

Reaction score
I need to rethink my luggage situation on the KTM, as my Kreiga US30 sits half on the rear rack, and half on the rear seat, which does wonders for my ongoing back issue!:blast

I've seen the Trax/ Trax Evo, which look very nice, and quite a close match to the BMW GSA alloy box. Question is, are they any good? And is the Evo the same as the normal Trax, just a new version?

Givi Outback Trekker is what you want. They also have a newer fancier one our but I don't think they're available in black yet.

I recently put a Trekker Outback box on my yoke around the same time a buddy got a Trax........ guess which one I think is better. Particularly the locks and mounting system.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Givi Outback Trekker is what you want. They also have a newer fancier one our but I don't think they're available in black yet.

I recently put a Trekker Outback box on my yoke around the same time a buddy got a Trax........ guess which one I think is better. Particularly the locks and mounting system.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Oh no, don't say that, I'd finally settled on the Trax!:D

How does the smaller Trekker compare to the GSA box, size wise? I don't want anything bigger, and am thinking of getting a plate for the KTM and one for the GS, so I can use the same box on both bikes.

Oh no, don't say that, I'd finally settled on the Trax!:D

How does the smaller Trekker compare to the GSA box, size wise? I don't want anything bigger, and am thinking of getting a plate for the KTM and one for the GS, so I can use the same box on both bikes.
Never had the tiny GSA box from Lilliput!

The Trekker Outback is 42ltr which is a fine size and a very sturdy, well put together box. I'll be sticking with Givi, you seem to be to get the nice metal fixing plates for most of the mainstream bikes.
My buddy just put the full Trax pannier system on his XR as well........ I'll see if I can dig up a photo for you. We found it strange that the side rails aren't braced by a cross bar at the rear, each side just bolts to the number plate carrier (seemed a bit fragile)

Sent from a OnePlusX.

A lot of the fixings on the back box mounting system seem to vibrate loose very easily (there are some cam lock fixings involved, not fit for purpose IMHO)

It's lovely lookin stuff and would probably win the "beauty contest" but it's no where near as sturdy as the Givi

Sent from a OnePlusX.

A lot of the fixings on the back box mounting system seem to vibrate loose very easily (there are some cam lock fixings involved, not fit for purpose IMHO)

It's lovely lookin stuff and would probably win the "beauty contest" but it's no where near as sturdy as the Givi

Sent from a OnePlusX.

That's interesting. The other thing I see with the Givi is that you can strap other bags to it, whereas the new Trax Evo doesn't have that facility.

The Givi is an extremely sturdy box.
829e64647df8a3b2d49607c548d137f0.jpg

Sent from a OnePlusX.

The Givi is an extremely sturdy box.
829e64647df8a3b2d49607c548d137f0.jpg

Sent from a OnePlusX.

That looks good. Have you got a side on picture please? And is the Trekker Outback sticker on the back removeable?

Funnily enough, this is the only side on photo I have (don't laugh) just zoom into it.

I think the branding is only a sticker and would come off if you put your mind to it.
0d3de6724d48e02eab9d6ad7568b9759.jpg

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Funnily enough, this is the only side on photo I have (don't laugh) just zoom into it.

I think the branding is only a sticker and would come off if you put your mind to it.
0d3de6724d48e02eab9d6ad7568b9759.jpg

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Nice picture!:D

Back
Top Bottom