FLYWHEEL REMOVAL TOOL F800gs HELP..

Q plate

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi I'm in the process of swapping my flywheel over for a later one and need the removal puller if anyone has one they're willing to loan or rent :beerjug: Worse case scenario it looks like £50 for one from Motorworks. Alternatively has anyone had any success with just using an M22 x 1.5 bolt as apart from the locator on the end there doesn't seem to be much difference :augie

AL

haven't got one to lend.

Speaking from experience, when the book says use a blow torch, use a torch. Heat gun hasn't got enough guts to give the instant heat difference to free it off. You can end-up causing some damage if your not careful!

From memory the bolt in the centre doesn't work too well, best of using the right tool for the job.

Luke

Thanks anyway Luke, the bmw tool isn't a conventional leg style puller it's just a bolt with an insert on the end. I've ordered a honda one for £12 same thread spec etc & I've got access to Oxy/accet bottles heat wise so ill see how it goes the weekend :augie

Just a couple of pics if anybody with a pre 14 bike ends up with a fried stator and goes down the route of replacing the magneto/flywheel. I bought a motion pro puller £12-14 (22 × 1.5mm) rather than the bmw recommended tool @ £50 done the job fine. As Luke says heat is your friend here to release the loctite rather than outright pressure. I probably spent 15 minutes + applying heat and pressure on the bolt. If you don't get any movement on the puller continue applying heat eventually it gets through to the inner face sufficient enough to release the loctite :thumb2

Attachments

• 20170505_163200_resized.jpg
    20170505_163200_resized.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,211
  • 20170505_184104_resized.jpg
    20170505_184104_resized.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,400

Back
Top Bottom