Xvz 1300 Anyone had one??

Mongoose

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've seen a really tidy xvz1300 Venture star. It's feckin huuuge but I like what looks like laid back, touring potential. Is a 1300 v twin a tad under powered for something which must weigh the equivalent of a medium sized car.....or 3 well fed tossers? Any experiences you can share before I cough up??

Note to self: don't type when knackered. It is of course a V4, not a twin.

We looked at a couple, when weighing it up against an Electraglide. The engine seems pretty bullet-proof, the bike is well equipped & comfortable, the price point is good too.

However I found it very heavy to handle two up & that was without luggage, so we paid a bit more & went with the EG. Each to their own though, just make sure you try before you buy.

very good bike

couple of mates have them and done 70k between them. very reliable and comfy. and good value for money.

If it's heavy compared to an Electrglide I can't imagine how it's gonna feel. I rented an EG and even without luggage and pillion it felt heavy, with pillion and luggage it was never a relaxed ride for me anwhere other than the Florida freeways.

If it's heavy compared to an Electrglide I can't imagine how it's gonna feel. I rented an EG and even without luggage and pillion it felt heavy, with pillion and luggage it was never a relaxed ride for me anwhere other than the Florida freeways.

They are more versatile than you might ever believe, once you get accustomed to the weight/riding style. Just rent one for a week or two or more & ride across the US of A - you will be amazed.
The ride will stick in your memory for ever.

Back
Top Bottom