GSA sized top box

Nutty

Reaction score
I'm looking for a topbox for the 1290, ideally the same size as my GSA box, but everything I'm seeing online is much wider, or deeper.

I've looked at Givi, Bumot, Touratech, SW Motech, Stahlkoffer, ARD luggage, and can't find anything.

The other option is the KTM plastic topbox, but that's still wider from behind.

Can anyone recommend anything else?

I made a plate and use a BMW box. Yes I know there is a special place in hell for me :) just curious but have you looked at the power parts metal boxes?

I made a plate and use a BMW box. Yes I know there is a special place in hell for me :) just curious but have you looked at the power parts metal boxes?

I'm tempted to see about getting a plate made up, but would prefer something else on this bike. I've seen the metal ones in the PP catalogue, but they look like the regular Touratech boxes. I'll have a look at them in the flesh on Saturday when the bikes getting serviced though.

Just get an adventure rack it bolts straight on,I did this on my last wc gsa and put a vario on and did the opposite to you

Just get an adventure rack it bolts straight on,I did this on my last wc gsa and put a vario on and did the opposite to you

This is for my KTM, Mick. I've got the Adventure rack/ box on my Rallye already.:thumb

Soft bag ?

I've had a Kaoko Day Bag for years on my 950 SE and will be fitting it to my 1290R when I get back from this trip .

Obviously not secure like a lockable box but great for daily use.

Not sure who sells in U.K. these days

Soft bag ?

I've had a Kaoko Day Bag for years on my 950 SE and will be fitting it to my 1290R when I get back from this trip .

Obviously not secure like a lockable box but great for daily use.

Not sure who sells in U.K. these days

I used a Kreiga US30 this weekend, which is a great bag, but due to the shape of it, it sits on the pillion seat as well. I need something that frees up the pillion seat area.

I used a Kreiga US30 this weekend, which is a great bag, but due to the shape of it, it sits on the pillion seat as well. I need something that frees up the pillion seat area.

Kaoko bag straps to rack and won't infringe on pillion seat . Expands too.

Why do you need pillion seat area free ?

Kaoko bag straps to rack and won't infringe on pillion seat . Expands too.

Why do you need pillion seat area free ?

Ah, ok, just seen that. My leg kept hitting the bag every time I got on or off the bike, which isn't very helpful with my ongoing back issues.

Back
Top Bottom