2000 R1150GS abs help

W00d04

Reaction score
Hi new to this site but just after a bit of input, I have just picked up a 2000 r1150 gs. On start up there are no abs lights that come on, also when the abs button is pressed nothing flashes.

Appreciate the help

It is just possible that you have ABS switchgear, but not ABS ! Do the wheels have toothed rings attached to the brake discs ?

ps - Welcome to the site.

Cheers for the reply and yes it does have the toothed sprocket at the front and at the back am I correct in thinking it's the little black sensor just up on the final drive? There are two abs lights on the dash but nothing happens, I just noticed it locked up at the back on a bit of loose gravel

Cheers

Mate just follow the brake hoses

If they go straight from the brake master cylinders and down to the brake callipers then its not ABS

If they connect at for example the headstock and metal pipes disappear under the tank its sounds like you have an electrically disconnected ABS unit

P.S. If you can hear a rythmic clicking with ignition on they forgot to remove the light blue relay from the fuse box just remove it and turf it in the spares box

Just been out and yes it does connect up under the tank from the brakes, il have a look through the electrics to see where it's disconnected. Also what's the light blue relay do? It still has it in the fuse box

Cheers

What do you actually want to do??

If you want to make the ABS part of the Brakes work then you need a code reader

Do you hear a rhythmic ticking from that blue relay when the ignition is on but in neutral and engine off?

Have a squint under the tank, is the ABS pump still there? It's possible someone has removed the ABS, there are a number of ways of doing it but this would be a good starter for 10.

IMG_8325-5_0.JPG

Back
Top Bottom