2016 gsa rust issue

It seems like what you are all saying is, if you want a keep a new bike... Strip it to the frame, sand blast it, Etch primer it, Epoxy paint it, apply 3M clear protective film, reassemble.
I was looking for a bike for my Arctic circle to ushuaia ride. Needs to be under 200 kilos... Opinions on what bike is best under 200 kilos that they sell in America?
Was looking at the yamaha tw200.

The Honda CB500X seems to be quietly becoming a dependable bike of choice. Cheap to buy, cheap to run, and arguably put together better than even an Africa Twin. I interviewed a chap who'd done Argentina to Alaska on his, the bike had done 46000 miles, was stripped down to engine and frame (to have some bolt ons fitted) and there wasn't a hint of rust. His bike had needed nothing but consumables on the trip, and they also sell them in the States if you do need parts.

Few updates to those who give a s***.
I am getting a divorce, the motorcycle is in her name, so it shall not be mine much longer. I am glad. Hands down the biggest new turd I have ever bought, and the most expensive turd I have ever owned.
Today the cruise stopped working, and so did the turn signals.
On the way home the 4-ways came up, and they are sitting outside right now flashing away.
Dealer opens tuesday, and I will call a tow truck.
I will transition back into my 800GS as that is in my name, and I will have it longer then I will have a wife.
I will never buy a BMW again, and I have talked one person out of buying the new bagger they wanted. For the rest of my years I will bad mouth BMW bikes. They screwed me, and they screw others with the piss poor QC, paint prep, and other electrical gremlins that made early 2000 Mercs terrible.

You're probably better off without it (the bike I mean). Regardless of the circumstances there's no way any bike should rust away that quickly.

The saga is over. The hurricane totaled the motorcycle, the gap insurance will pay for the difference. BMW has lost a customer for good. I am sure they can afford to lose me.

Few updates to those who give a s***.
I am getting a divorce, the motorcycle is in her name, so it shall not be mine much longer. I am glad. Hands down the biggest new turd I have ever bought, and the most expensive turd I have ever owned.
Today the cruise stopped working, and so did the turn signals.
On the way home the 4-ways came up, and they are sitting outside right now flashing away.
Dealer opens tuesday, and I will call a tow truck.
I will transition back into my 800GS as that is in my name, and I will have it longer then I will have a wife.
I will never buy a BMW again, and I have talked one person out of buying the new bagger they wanted. For the rest of my years I will bad mouth BMW bikes. They screwed me, and they screw others with the piss poor QC, paint prep, and other electrical gremlins that made early 2000 Mercs terrible.

That's the style!

Shout it to the world! "Don't buy Mercedes, BMW, or women!" :rob

The saga is over. The hurricane totaled the motorcycle, the gap insurance will pay for the difference. BMW has lost a customer for good. I am sure they can afford to lose me.

Even the man upstairs got fed up with this thread! Result. :beerjug::D

Eh ? Do you mean ‘ The motorcycle was conveniently totalled in the hurricane’ ??

So have I got this right.

BMW screwed him, his wife found out and filed for Divorce, Mercedes made shit motorcycles in 2000 and the only way to resolve the rust issue was an act of God?

Thats some escallation process.

Jeeze, can someone post a pic of the Merc

'BMW screwed me and my wife got laid'

Could be a Country & Western song title.....:blast

Al

'BMW screwed me and my wife got laid'

Could be a Country & Western song title.....:blast

Al

He's already got a song sorted.

Mud on the Tyres - Brad Paisley

https://youtu.be/h_eyvTPgnM4

I've got some big news
The bank finally came through
And I'm holdin' the keys to a brand new BMW
Have you been outside it sure is a nice night
How about a little test drive
Down by the lake

He's already got a song sorted.

Mud on the Tyres - Brad Paisley

https://youtu.be/h_eyvTPgnM4

I've got some big news
The bank finally came through
And I'm holdin' the keys to a brand new BMW
Have you been outside it sure is a nice night
How about a little test drive
Down by the lake

"Let's get a little rust on the frame..."

and the shocks
and the aftermarket engine bars
and the seat foam
And...
let's get a little rust on the tyres!

Sing along melody

I got rust on the frame, my bike is lame
Wife is heading out the door.
I needed some time, to sort out my grime
But I aint got my washer no more

The hurricane, has kept me sane,
Scooped up my troubles and more
My Wifes in Kentucky, getting mighty lucky
And I'm done with BMW, hard core.

Give me a break, for fucks sake
All I wanted was your advise
Come on here, and its all made clear
Bunch of tossers, get a life.

Chorus where we all sing together

We love Tossers, wherever you are
Europe, Australia and America
Come on here, share your fear
We'll take the piss, all year

:thumb2

I nominate this thread for best corrosion resolution ever :D

Divine intervention and our prayers answered :D

Hallelujah

Praise the Lord and may he have mercy on my soul.

Back
Top Bottom