2016 gsa rust issue

Didn't intend to disrespect your ride,
My criticism is to Honda for not developing a proper Adventure chassis for this bike.
A BMW GSA with the CT engine would be my perfect bike.

No offence taken hence the smilies and I wholeheartedly agree with that last sentence except perhaps it should read ; a Honda Crosstourer DCT with the telelever / chassis set up of the GS :thumb

You tell'em Rushy.............yours looked lovely yesterday, when you were packing up

Cheers JB , sorry we didn't really get to speak at the weekend . I was dashing off to get home, Dad was taken seriously ill last week. Glad to say it looks today that he's heading in the right direction.:thumb

No offence taken hence the smilies and I wholeheartedly agree with that last sentence except perhaps it should read ; a Honda Crosstourer DCT with the telelever / chassis set up of the GS :thumb

Yup

Having gone from a crosstourer DCT to a GS I think you may well have found the perfect bike

Crosstourer engine with DCT ´box in télélever frame with ESA and GS brakes

New angle. Dealer contacted me today for photos.
upskirt_zpsv20rr9dk.jpg.html

Scoobert , do you have harsh winters in Florida, where salt is put down on the roads ? Many members on this GS forum blame other owners from not protecting against the salt in the winter. personally it looks more like a BMW issue, where some bikes parts are well enough painted and protected whilst others are not. Possibly painted at different factories.. :nenau

Last edited:
Scoobert , do you have harsh winters in Florida, where salt is put down on the roads ? Many members on this GS forum blame other owners from not protecting against the salt in the winter. personally it looks more like a BMW issue, where some bikes parts are well enough painted and protected whilst others are not. Possibly painted at different factories.. :nenau

There are plenty of items on his bike rusting badly that are not painted.

So its nothing to do with paint on his bike.

All metal on my bike is painted. Some is chromed too? No bare metal.

Well in your pictures all metal clearly isn't painted. Bolts, bolt threads, headers, stansions, clips, rods, its all corroded

I have only done 3000 miles on my 2015 GSA and i am not happy with the paint depth on my side stand, I dont see much rain either.
Has been ACF 50'd from new!
I am going to get most of the removable painted parts painted properly - 2 pack probably.
The discs have rusted after I had it out in the snow of the winter 2015 I attempted to go to rally in February - wrong tyres and fell off twice - panniers saved the bike from damage.
next day bike was covered in salt, I hosed it off and it has been fine since, bolts shiny has gone though.

its bad there is this much corrosion on a £15,000 bike, its unacceptable to have this much on painted parts.

Ian

Well in your pictures all metal clearly isn't painted. Bolts, bolt threads, headers, stansions, clips, rods, its all corroded

They were all painted. Go check your bolts. Headers were chrome. The frame is all painted, and its all rusting.

There are plenty of items on his bike rusting badly that are not painted.

So its nothing to do with paint on his bike.

There are also plenty of parts on his bike that are badly painted that ARE corroding . These are the parts that I am asking about . I suppose it depends on the colour of your tinted glasses .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of these corroded areas appear to start around the fixings, all the screws and bolts are the same as BMW use in the car plants, good enough for cars but not motorcycles.

Most of the areas actually started at the welds. I think the surface prep is what is doing them in, as well as paint that is too thin. Too much thinner in the paint? No primer coat? (I know they make primerless paint, but is it as good as two unique layers of paint?)

Scoobert,
It's just corrosion everywhere, thats Salt damage, not BMW's fault. Lack of cleaning and maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom