2016 gsa rust issue

Am I the only one here who is disappointed that the BMW R1200GSA is not hurricane-proof!!!!!!

Yeah, I mean.. who in their right mind would leave their BMW Motorcycle outside untethered when a known hurricane was approaching.

I bet on the insurance document claims form the bike was described as 100% mint condition.

A decent ground anchor could have prevented this loss, although his would probably have been rusted through anyway.

Yeah, I mean.. who in their right mind would leave their BMW Motorcycle outside untethered when a known hurricane was approaching.

I bet on the insurance document claims form the bike was described as 100% mint condition.

NO. Actually the claim took 2 months because they thought I was trying to claim the rust was caused by the hurricane. They saw my rust claim at BMW and thought it was part of the damage claim.
Took a long while to clear it up actually. Glad I got the gap insurance. Bike was only worth $13,000 with the rust on it.
I did not leave the bike out in a dangerous storm. I do not own a shed. We were told the storm was missing us by 100 miles. Instead we got slammed. I am more worried about the massive damage to my yacht, then to the bike. Its funny my 800GS survived, but apparently the rear bearing was hit hard by salt, it failed last week all of a sudden. They were parked next to each other, and the 800GS was uninsured. The honda was parked next to them, and was not damaged at all.

Time to go buy a car, not a mercedes this time :)

d8630ee2b01f660e650b68895b7f8d11.jpg
1b57fe8a1fdbac509a9b5164b8b45be3.jpg
3a5e4c86093e5020e5cfefdf71600a4d.jpg
fd9c6ba239671634f8fce0fb212493ee.jpg

Yep not best pleased with mine.
Will not cover it under warranty either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO. Actually the claim took 2 months...

I'm glad this has actually had a relatively happy ending for you after all, Scoobert. It's amazing to think that a disaster like you guys had with that hurricane could resolve an issue to which there otherwise seemed to be no prospect of a good outcome. It really does seem to prove that it's an ill wind that does nobody any good. Best wishes.

I hear after the wife divorced him he's now gone and bought a dog .......

Expect to see a post from Willie Nelson soon.

So literally 25 mins and the subframe is off.
Paint strip, rust prevention, undercoat and a few layers of paint to go then the lacquer

061ddf252f34c1599dc4725e7c4ab62c.jpg
7f1816e2461fa630351f094b9ac5afe7.jpg
bd58804472ae0fcb3fe7d6291fc8975e.jpg

So literally 25 mins and the subframe is off.
Paint strip, rust prevention, undercoat and a few layers of paint to go then the lacquer

25 minutes til the black bit was on the garage floor? That's good to know!

Any particular reason why you didn't go for powder coat?

25 minutes til the black bit was on the garage floor? That's good to know!

Any particular reason why you didn't go for powder coat?

Subframe off in 25 mins I was expecting hours of work!

I didn’t go power coated at its only got to last me another year then I’m getting rid and I’ll have a new one. It’s still under warranty until mid January but they won’t do it. Even though I’ve been trying for 2 years now
Then as soon as it’s home I’ll strip it and powder coat the whole frame as I’ll be keeping it

Subframe off in 25 mins I was expecting hours of work!

I didn’t go power coated at its only got to last me another year then I’m getting rid and I’ll have a new one. It’s still under warranty until mid January but they won’t do it. Even though I’ve been trying for 2 years now
Then as soon as it’s home I’ll strip it and powder coat the whole frame as I’ll be keeping it

well, someone else affected. Not surprised.
My new Chevy volt is one week old, and no rust in sight. Lets hope the paint is not falling off by 3 months, shall we? LOL

I'm glad this has actually had a relatively happy ending for you after all, Scoobert. It's amazing to think that a disaster like you guys had with that hurricane could resolve an issue to which there otherwise seemed to be no prospect of a good outcome. It really does seem to prove that it's an ill wind that does nobody any good. Best wishes.

It killed my uninsured BMW f800GS too :(
Repairable with a new wheel, but none the less....

It killed my uninsured BMW f800GS too :(
Repairable with a new wheel, but none the less....

A man of your means, why was it uninsured?

Was your severely damaged yacht uninsured as well?

Back
Top Bottom