Schuberth C4 & SC-1 Comms

I’m liking my C4 BUT the “pinlock” is utter shite.
Have just been away and done 1000 miles in last few days and the bloody pinlock insert doesn’t seal at all.At one point I had a bug crawling between the insert and the visor !
Will ring Pete at Just Helmets on Monday but has anyone else had issues with theirs ?

Yep. Mines rubbish too. Have tried to use the adjuster screws at each end of the pinlock, but they feel like they will break. I even ordered a new one as I thought the one that came with it might be just a placeholder or something.

When I first started riding I had an HJC helmet which I'm sure I stuck in a pinlock or equivalent. I'm wondering if that's the way to go.

Glad it's not just mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you pushed the pins out, rotate and push back in, refit pin-lock.

Have you pushed the pins out, rotate and push back in, refit pin-lock.

I don't know what you mean by push them out? I don't mean to split hairs, but they looks like I might be able to pull them out if that's what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have just been away and done 1000 miles in last few days and the bloody pinlock insert doesn’t seal at all.At one point I had a bug crawling between the insert and the visor !
Will ring Pete at Just Helmets on Monday but has anyone else had issues with theirs ?

Normally you can rotate the pin lock posts to make the insert seat better. Guessing it's the same on a C4.

Yes had similar though not as bad. I took the visor off yesterday to try and adjust the seal, which isn't a tight fit as y describe and even had a few droplets of water between the pinlock and visor. Tried the pin rotation but doesn't seem to do anything of notice.

On a separate note I lost the Chin Vent Cover from mine which was kindly replaced by Tranam after speaking with Pete at Just Helmets. If you catch the vent side on when open the cover pulled off very easily. Have put the new one on with a dab of Super Glue on the 4 retaining lugs.

Yes had similar though not as bad. I took the visor off yesterday to try and adjust the seal, which isn't a tight fit as y describe and even had a few droplets of water between the pinlock and visor. Tried the pin rotation but doesn't seem to do anything of notice.

On a separate note I lost the Chin Vent Cover from mine which was kindly replaced by Tranam after speaking with Pete at Just Helmets. If you catch the vent side on when open the cover pulled off very easily. Have put the new one on with a dab of Super Glue on the 4 retaining lugs.

Unlike the Shoei pinlocks,the one supplied with the C4 doesnt seem to have a sticky lip that grips the visor.I have always been taught to open the visor up as flat as possible then attach the pinlock insert then let it flex back to it's natural shape.
With Shoeis,this forms a very strong seal and if you try and move the pinlock ,it won't budge,but with the C4 jobby,the insert doesn't grip the visor in the same way as the lip around the insert is just hard plastic and has no gripping qualities like the Shoei version.

It's very poor for a very expensive helmet.

As I mentioned above,I was riding along the other day and I had quite a big bug crawling on my visor.When I couldn't knock it off on the outside,I stopped to get it off the inside and still couldnt get to it as it was between the pinlock and visor !!!! The gap was about 8mm at the lower edge !!!

Schuberth C4 & SC-1 Comms

Normally you can rotate the pin lock posts to make the insert seat better. Guessing it's the same on a C4.

They are really really stiff when they fit them at the factory, I used a flat coin to push out 'from inside' and rotate slightly to alter the cam on the pin and fit back.

Pinlock Insert scratching top of the visor

In relation to the loose 'Pinlock Style Insert' where it is loose it moves up and down and the ridge on the top of the insert has scratched the inside of the visor, see image, anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• IMG_2784.jpg
    IMG_2784.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 777
In relation to the loose 'Pinlock Style Insert' where it is loose it moves up and down and the ridge on the top of the insert has scratched the inside of the visor, see image, anyone else experienced this?

Looks exactly like mine Jonno.

In fairness, Pete from JustHelmets has said he will sort it, but he is away now for a couple of weeks.

Looks exactly like mine Jonno

In fairness, Pete from JustHelmets has said he will sort it, but he is away now for a couple of weeks.

Cheers Stimulator, can you share Pete's view when he's got back to you. As has been said by others given the cost of these helmets it's a shame they've not sorted this before launch.

I'm curious ....Has anyone else found the C4 to be a lot tighter (fit) than the equivalent C3?
I don't just mean "new-helmet tight " .

I think I'm going to have to return my L for an XL .

Annoying !

I'm curious ....Has anyone else found the C4 to be a lot tighter (fit) than the equivalent C3?
I don't just mean "new-helmet tight " .

I think I'm going to have to return my L for an XL .

Annoying !

I had to exchange from L to XL, several people have found this and there is another thread mentioning that subject here.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...2-helmets-to-arrive-in-Spring-2017!!!!!/page4

Hopefully from Just Helmets and you'll get great service! :beerjug:

Update on C4 visor/pinlock.

I received a new visor and pinlock from Pete at Just Helmets today.The new one looks very solid and the pinlock is firmly in position ,unlike my original.

Great service from Pete at Just Helmets,as always.The only guy I'll buy a helmet from these days.Brilliant service !!

Got mine today. Very impressed and at last I have tunes.

81836473a2b41c1358a16727504f92ee.jpg

Update on C4 visor/pinlock.

I received a new visor and pinlock from Pete at Just Helmets today.The new one looks very solid and the pinlock is firmly in position ,unlike my original.

Great service from Pete at Just Helmets,as always.The only guy I'll buy a helmet from these days.Brilliant service !!

Finally got to speak to Pete today after a bout of telephone tennis and he's arranging a new one to be sent to myself also! Happy Days & as you say great service from him! :clap:bounce1:beerjug:

Mine had it's debut run this weekend in a very mixed weather trip.

The good.

Faultless performance in the rain.

Nice concealed comms kit.

The bugs.

I like to ride visor open. This keeps shutting in turbulence and so will need to investigate the O ring solution.

Connectivity. It would connect seamlessly with the Gamin sat nav and my iPhone, but then had a tendency to drop needing me to go into the nav bluetooth menu to reconnect.

Occasionally it put pressure on my bonce right on the top in the middle. Weird but seems to have gone now.

Overall it's bloody expensive but I loved my C3 (which has died) and so moving on to the latest version was no option.

Back
Top Bottom