Schuberth C4 & SC-1 Comms

Mine had it's debut run this weekend in a very mixed weather trip.

The bugs.

I like to ride visor open. This keeps shutting in turbulence and so will need to investigate the O ring solution.

Connectivity. It would connect seamlessly with the Gamin sat nav and my iPhone, but then had a tendency to drop needing me to go into the nav bluetooth menu to reconnect.

My experiences on a couple of your points;
After fitting a tanker screen a lot less turbulence means my visor stays open even at high speeds,
Mine will quite often drop the Bluetooth Connectivity also, carry on riding and it will re-connect on its own after a short while.
Overall though a great helmet, Jonno

Used mine today in heavy rain and it leaks like a sieve.Water runs down inside the visor.
I’m not impressed.Never had a Shoei leak in over 30 years.

SC1 firmware v1.1

Hey all, I have the same trouble with muffled sound above ~45mph; that's how I found this forum.

SC1 firmware has been updated to v1.1. I wrote Sena support to ask about the changes. They wrote back:

• HD intercom
  • Group Intercom
  • Storing a pairing list with up to 3 devices for remote controls
  • Changed the default setting of Audio Boost to disabled
  • Removed the headset button operation of Speed Dial
  • Minor bug fixes in FM radio with GPS instruction

Not exactly descriptive, but I thought I'd save some people some time/wondering. Too cold to test anything quite yet.
Cheers! :beerjug:

C4 Pinlock replacements.....FREE

Hi,

FWIW,
If you check the Schuberth facebook page they have said that they are replacing C4 anti fog lens with a PINLOCK version free of charge. Register with your dealers by the looks of it. Hope this helps any of you that are suffering. I only purchased a C4 & comms kit yesterday so I hope that they have sorted the issues mentioned in this thread!!

Cheers:beerjug:

Just updated SC1 to latest firmware 1.2

Hi Smogbob
Did you notice a difference?
I updated this weekend and I thought that it was a little louder although my missus still can’t hear me very well when going over say 50mph but I think this is more to do with distortion

I am still looking for a list of the options that need to be ticked in the firmware to achieve the best performance like the Audio Boost or Vox options etc?

Just updated SC1 to latest firmware 1.2

From Schuberth Customer support via Facebook - "The only change made on Version 1.2 is that volume is now louder than 1.0."

They previously told me that "Some customers complained that the SC1 was sometimes too loud and the tone Quality was suffering from that, so SENA decided to lower the Maximum volume." which was the change that made it quieter on version 1.1.

Wearing filtered earplugs, the SC1 is loud enough around town but when I get onto a motorway I struggle to hear it.

Used mine today in heavy rain and it leaks like a sieve.Water runs down inside the visor.
I’m not impressed.Never had a Shoei leak in over 30 years.

You sold me a dud then...........but still happy with mine, no rain coming in, probably because no rain here, and we need it bad.

I just got a very good deal on a Schuberth C4 from Helmet City in Chichester.

RRP is about £549 but for some reason they have the plain matt blue colour for £299. I had to wait a couple of days for warehouse supply as they didn't keep my size in stock. It's very similar to my trusty old BMW System 6 which is now on its last legs and falling apart. The standard two year guarantee can be upgraded via the Schuberth website to five years for free by quoting the helmet serial number and providing evidence of purchase such as uploading a snapshot of your receipt.

I almost bought the built-in SC1 comms kit but it doesn't work with my Ultimate Hearing in-ear monitors and I'm not keen on helmet speakers and plugs so I am fitting my Sena 20S unit which I can control with my Sena Handlebar Remote, it is an easy fit. If I fancy fitting the SC1 in future its always an option.

I shall add a band of silver SOLAS reflective tape around the skirt to make me more obvious in winter.

The helmets now come with a genuine pinlock visor insert fitted as standard.

I was tempted by the Neotec 2 but the Schuberth was £250 cheaper.

Update: I am quite disappointed with my new C4.

The flip down sun visor became stiff then broke within days, Helmet City in Chichester returned it to Tranam, who also found flaking paint on the chin bar. Got it back after 3 weeks but I find the wind noise in the helmet is awful, so much worse than my old lid.

My Ultimate in-ear monitors died this week so I retired my Sena 20S and bought the SC1 Advanced comms. Sadly the audio gets drowned out by the wind blast at anything over 35 mph even with earplugs.

The SC1 pairs with my Sena Joystick handlebar remote which thankfully saves the faffing about clumsily with buttons, but I miss the jog dial ease of my 20S and the ability to use in-ear monitors.

Gonna try adding some thin foam in places and velcro shims beneath the speakers to see if I can adjust the fit for better noise reduction and improved audio.

...................I wish I had bought the Shoei.

bugger, just been out looking at flips and was offered the C4 at a good price of £350. Wish I could afford the neotec 2. Really stuck between getting this or hanging around for something else. Like the fact that coms are integrated, but seems like its an overpriced helmet from this thread.. Are the coms synching issues, bluetooth dropping out, pinlock misting, visor not staying up issues resolved?Does the mic self activate with the lid open around town? I want to use a zumo 595, I phone and make calls. Worth buying this?

bugger, just been out looking at flips and was offered the C4 at a good price of £350. Wish I could afford the neotec 2. Really stuck between getting this or hanging around for something else. Like the fact that coms are integrated, but seems like its an overpriced helmet from this thread.. Are the coms synching issues, bluetooth dropping out, pinlock misting, visor not staying up issues resolved?Does the mic self activate with the lid open around town? I want to use a zumo 595, I phone and make calls. Worth buying this?

Works fine as a helmet, as for the comms I only use it to speak to the wife, so never tried the rest of the settings.

Have a look at the HJC RPHA 90

No integrated comms but it looks like a fine helmet.

https://www.motocentral.co.uk/hjc-rpha-90-plain-pearl-white-ryan.html

You will also get 10% discount from MotoCentral for being a member here.
I've no connection but have being using them a bit lately and they are a fine crowd to deal with.

Pulled the plug and went for SCHUBERTH c3 pro. Cracking deal. Price matched at a dealership for £329 in echo yellow. Also got the sc10u in the post to fit
d09077c44135e5740acdd1dafcee29a9.jpg
dc1ef44d2a519d339c182f2dd047af53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom