Schuberth C4 & SC-1 Comms

Just got my C4 and SC1 Standard from Pete at Just Helmets.

Great service as always.

A question for those of you who have them-I've connected my iphone and it all works ok.BUT I made call and it worked fine but the person I was calling said it was quite muffled and he couldn't hear me very well.Also,when I say something to myself,ie when not on a call,I can hear myself through the speakers as though the mike is always live.Is this normal ? Ta

Mikes are behind cheek pads.

Re hearing your self, I have same issue with my sena 10u. Puzzled by that to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something also interesting, the remote for the SC1 that I bought is not rechargeable but uses 1 x CR2016 cell battery. No idea how long these last when in constant connection with my comms but I have bought a few extra and take them along just in case. Luckily the unit will show you when the battery is almost dead by giving a power indication upon start up.

And where's the bloody app ?

SC1 instructions say go to app store and download SCHUBERTH app,but I'm buggered if I can find it.Don't need it anyway as all working,but even so.....

And where's the bloody app ?

SC1 instructions say go to app store and download SCHUBERTH app,but I'm buggered if I can find it.Don't need it anyway as all working,but even so.....

It's the SENA app you need. I used it to do config of the helmet and set radio stations. Couldn't get the helmet to connect to my Mac

First ride out today wearing my C4. Got to say it seems to become more comfortable quite quickly. Helmet itself seems well made, but I too found it difficult at times to tell if the chin vent was open. Good airflow over the top of the head.

Typical Scottish day, so didn't really get to try the sun visor, but I can testify that I didn't get torrents of rainwater running down the inside of the visor. What I did get however, can be seen in this photo.

The misting was below my sight line, but I still wouldn't expect it in a helmet of this price.

Regarding the noise level, bearing in mind I'm comparing it with an old System 5, I found it quite a bit quieter, but I never used to use the removable chin skirt on my old helmet, so that may explain it.

Something to be aware of if you need the XL upwards, is that it is an extremely tight fight into the standard GSA topbox.

Regarding the comms, when working they were very good, crystal clear on GPS instructions, music, phone and also rider-rider intercom. The buttons are small, and quite awkward to reach, so perhaps consider the remote. I would have done, but don't like the thought of paying £100 for the Schuberth version when the SENA 10U includes it in the price. Any problems that I had with making calls etc may be down to my lack of familiarity, so I'll hold back on commenting yet.

:beerjug:

Iain

Had mine for a day or so and liking it so far .
Agree about the chin vent and not sure if it's open or closed but the rest I'm liking so far,but obviously early days.
No misting on my visor ,but it was a lovely day here.
I find the controls are ok and when I'm riding my 1290,then I can control everything through the left hand switch gear anyway.

It seems quite light and quieter than my Neotec ,as I think the pads hug the ear area more.Nice and plush and well made.

Speaker quality seems very high and I love the integration of the SC1

Just been looking at my visor this morning, and there is a clear gap at the bottom of the Pinlok insert, which I imagine will not be doing much good.

Of interest, the L helmet, which I am sending back, doesn't have this gap. For anyone else with a misting problem, it may be worth checking how well the insert is fitted.

Iain

Just been looking at my visor this morning, and there is a clear gap at the bottom of the Pinlok insert, which I imagine will not be doing much good.

Of interest, the L helmet, which I am sending back, doesn't have this gap. For anyone else with a misting problem, it may be worth checking how well the insert is fitted.

Iain

You may need to rotate retaining pins to release tension on pinlock

SC1 Advanced - Not Discoverable on any Device?

Hi Looking for any tips to resolve pairing the SC1 Advanced with my phone(s)

Have charged the unit up, have updated the Firmware via a PC, (Nothing worked using my MAC)

tried several phones and two laptops (a PC & a Mac) the SC1 is not discoverable on any Bluetooth Devices?

I've read the Manual,
5.1.1 - "Configuration Menu" works
5.1.2 - "Phone Pairing" works
5.1.3 - Search for Bluetooth Devices - Select the SC1 - no devices at all will find the SC1?

Tried to do a Factory Reset 14.18 but can't get to to say "Factory Reset" from tapping the "+" button as stated?

Anyone had this and have a solution or workaround please?

Cheers, Jonno

Jonno, I found that it wouldn't pair initially with my Nav V, just never showed on the Nav list of devices. Recycled Nav and SC1, then for some reason everything worked fine, and it has connected properly each time since.

Had a couple of drops of Bluetooth between Nav V and SC1, but switching off Bluetooth from menu on Nav and then recycling it cures that.

Phone connection (iPhone 6S) has been pretty stable.

Iain

Jonno, I found that it wouldn't pair initially with my Nav V, just never showed on the Nav list of devices. Recycled Nav and SC1, then for some reason everything worked fine, and it has connected properly each time since.

Had a couple of drops of Bluetooth between Nav V and SC1, but switching off Bluetooth from menu on Nav and then recycling it cures that.

Iain

And your set-up connects up easily and with great clarity to my E1/10U Sena set-up too Iain :)

Iain

Resolved! Combination of poorly written instructions & User Error, thanks Iain :beerjug:

I too have gone the C4 route with SC1. Done about 200 miles in mine so early days. Sizing is same as C3 and C3Pro as far as I can tell - in a medium. Love the helmet - improved field of vision especially. Comms work fine. No probs with pin block visor either. Excellent, quiet helmet.
And, like others, a big thumbs up for Pete at Just Helmets. Excellent service, great advice. Helmet arrived exactly when promised. Can't recommend Pete highly enough.

Just in case anyone is concerned, twisted the Pinlock pins slightly, and now have a far better seal. 350 mile ride today from Morayshire (4.5 deg this morning) to Dent through rain and shine, with no misting at all.

:thumb2

I've used my C4 for a good few hundred miles now.

Got caught in huge storm today.

All good really !!

The SC1 connects quickly every time to my bike and the speakers are very good.I also wear custom ear plugs but can hear music up to about 70mph.Obviously it's much louder without the ear plugs.
Ventilation is simple and works well,once you realise how easy the chin vent works.

The pinlock isn't misting up at all and the helmet didn't leak a drop in VERY heavy rain.

Comfort is high too,with plush lining.
It's quite light considering it has comms and speakers built in,and quiet enough and seems well built.

It bloody well should be for the price but I'm impressed so far.

Yesterday took the new lid (C4) out for its first ride along the canals & waterways of central Holland. All in all pretty impressed.
Here are my points:

Lid itself fits great and is quite a bit quieter than my normal M1. No fogging - well it was 20 degrees but then again I sweat quite a bit so fogging is almost always a problem for me. Front vent works fine although cant really notice the airflow. Don't share the points before of not knowing when its open or closed. To me pretty straight forward really. Top vent is much better allowing a nice airflow into the top of the lid.
Field of vision is excellent. Flip lid can stick sometimes when trying to open which I did find awkward. Not sure why.

Anyway about the comms. It all took a bit of getting used to but in fact with the remote control unit things are quite easy. Must say I'd be lost without the remote. The 2 buttons on the lid itself for me would be a nightmare. Remote fits nicely onto the left grip next to the flywheel for the navigation. No hindrance to the gear leaver or indicator.

- The Bluetooth connection works really well. Everything pairs nicely, iPhone, GPS and remote. Remote takes the longest to pair - probably a few mins, so be patient when first setting off if the remote seems not to be working. Give it a few minutes to connect.

- SC1 seems only to announce when 1 component is paired and not the 3 I have - iPhone, remote and GPS so you don't know if all is working until you try them.

- Pairing is so much better than on my SRC system from Cardo which I have on my M1. SENA seems to have this one really sorted. Could also have to do with the fact that all batteries were fully charged at the beginning of the day but even at the end of the ay pairing worked fine.

- One slight concern is that when I started the day I got 3 ''flashes'' on the remote to show the battery was full but at the end of the day only 2. seems to contradict the point made earlier about the lithium battery in the remote lasting 5 months..... Lets see how it goes.

- Regarding the functions, radio is excellent with RDS and bandwidth announcement when you scan.

- Volume easy to manage with the remote. Tiny delay when you hit the "+" or "-" button on the remote before the volumes changes which I kinda like.

- Telephone connection is clear and easy to manage again with the remote.

- General sound quality is also top.

All in all nothing really to really fault it at this stage.

Advice required pairing to Nav 5

Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please? I have paired my SC1 Advanced on the C4 Helmet to my two i-phones and calls are all ok on both. Have paired it to the Nav 5 which 'sees' the SC1 says connected then after a second changes to unconnected. (The Nav 5 is also paired to one of the phones.) Result is that the Nav5 is not sending any voice commands to the helmet.

Anyone able to offer some advice to me please?

Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please? I have paired my SC1 Advanced on the C4 Helmet to my two i-phones and calls are all ok on both. Have paired it to the Nav 5 which 'sees' the SC1 says connected then after a second changes to unconnected. (The Nav 5 is also paired to one of the phones.) Result is that the Nav5 is not sending any voice commands to the helmet.

Anyone able to offer some advice to me please?

May not be helpful Jonno, but I thought the pairing option was for one phone and one phone/gps i.e. 2 devices. If that is the case it seems to me you may not have the pairing options to do what you want.

For what it's worth, I have an iPhone paired to the SC-1, and my Nav 5 paired to the SC-1. Although I would like to run the phone through the GPS in order to get the call handling I read that this may not be the best option.

same here and it didn't work for me unfortunately so I went for the option using the SC1 as hub.
With quick dial it works fine but I would have preferred to go through my ZUMO for the phone calls.

Back
Top Bottom