Some advice for a mate re Rusty GSA

I'm surprised if dvla go for engine AND frame replacement, these two major component changes usually mean a Q plate as its now a year of undertermined manufacture.

Unless BMW are offering a "new" registration mark.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I got my bike replaced in full because i needed a new gearbox, which meant pulling the engine etc. But that was 2 weeks into ownership on a brand new bike. I think 19 months and 6000 miles is a bit to far into it to reject the bike. My dealer is still not playing ball about replacing my corroded wheels, frame, swing arm, so i'd tell your mate to bit their hands off!.

I told my dealer the first week that my engine was rattling its tits off and the gearbox was not working as it should be, they told me its got running in oil in it ffs and to keep riding it

last Tuesday a guy came to look at mine and another GSA with gearbox problems and mine with the engine also, Mr BMW said to check the cams etc and replace engine and box if needed, my bike now has 1448 mls on it and I'm asking for another as I don't want all the bs that comes with the change of engine number as it will depreciate the bike and who would want to buy a bike with an engine and box change at 7 weeks old and 1448 mls on the clock ?

If it is on PCP with BMW Finance I would be having a conversation with them and ask their opinion on the offer. mention the fact that if the bike is handed back at the end of the agreement it may not get its GTV. IT is the finance company who will take the hit if the Guaranteed Future Value is not achieved in the market place.

same problem as me right now.. Please drop me a line so maybe we can start a class action... Its obvious to everyone by now that its a quality problem?

OH well all my parts replaced under warranty ...thanks to the dealer pushing BMWs buttons.

Back
Top Bottom