Newbie here, First BMW (bike)

Chris Allan

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to join this group because as always, they're a goldmine of information from like minded enthusiast, so I look forward to getting to know some of you.

I'm 29 and have been riding for the last 10 years, and in that time I've done most of Western Europe, but now I want to spread my wings and adventure a little further, so I sold my Ducati Multistrada 1200S and I have ordered a 2017 R1200GS Adventure Tripple Black. The next 3 weeks will be a very long wait!!

A little bit about my self, I'm 29, from Leeds but currently I live in Telford (west midlands) however I work in Brecon (South Wales) I work in the Forces, have done for the last 10 years. I love being l walking, camping and biking.

If there's anything I should know/look out for when picking up the bike or during ownership, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting some of you.:thumb

Hello all,

Are you sure you're only 29? You had to tell us twice ;)

Hi and welcome

Make sure you check the filler cap for scratches and don't forget to take a spoon with you just in case

Might be lost on our new friend :D

Welcome to the nuthouse Chris, enjoy your new 'bike, take no notice of the reprobates in here and you'll get along nicely :thumby:

:beerjug:

Hi Chris,
Your right lots of info on here, and some of it is actually useful.
Regards Des

Hi mate,welcome.
The only thing I would say is, when you pick it up and the salesman gives you the run down of this and that, go over it with a fine tooth comb before you sign anything. And don't sign the form saying everything is fine at his desk before you see the bike. They like to rush the paperwork. Point out any scratch or blemish you see, hopefully you won't have any.
Ask about the frame/engine paint/rust issues, see what they say.
This forum is full of good info.

Back
Top Bottom