MoT

slparry

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well my F800GS has had its first MoT, hard to believe I've had it for 3 years and 25000 miles so far. Advisory that head bearings are starting to show wear, and the front pads will need replacing soon (still on the first set of both)

Well my F800GS has had its first MoT, hard to believe I've had it for 3 years and 25000 miles so far. Advisory that head bearings are starting to show wear, and the front pads will need replacing soon (still on the first set of both)

Meanwhile ... nine years later, 128,000 miles, one set of (front) disc pads and numerous sets of head bearings, all going strong here too :thumb

Enjoy .... you have a great 'bike there :thumb

:beerjug:

Meanwhile ... nine years later, 128,000 miles, one set of (front) disc pads and numerous sets of head bearings, all going strong here too :thumb

You must wear through a shit load of pairs of boots if you never use your brakes Micky - Flintstone style!!

Seriously, how do you make front pads last so long, is it just down to extremely good planning and scanning?

You must wear through a shit load of pairs of boots if you never use your brakes Micky - Flintstone style!!

Seriously, how do you make front pads last so long, is it just down to extremely good planning and scanning?

Ha ha .... I've left it before answering to allow someone to come in with "Cos he rides it like a wuss"

Yeah ... I'm a Riding God Paul ... never use my brakes .... FFS they slow you down :blast

Twenty front tyres and twenty-five rears in those 128,000 miles though ;)

Micky's a Yorkshireman. To tight to use his brakes.:D

Take her up to 150k, retire her , and then Its for a new 850 next year Micky me thinks. :thumb

It has used a lot of head bearings why is that Mick?

F650 twin has a single front disk, so pads changed about every 12k, I know Im a wuss and use em too often!
Good news is due to the simpler forks ( not as beefy) the head race bearings fare better.

Take her up to 150k, retire her , and then Its for a new 850 next year Micky me thinks. :thumb

200k then retire her :thumb

I have a fully sorted G650 Xcountry waiting in the sidelines to take over :D

It has used a lot of head bearings why is that Mick?

Dunno :blast

Poorer quality, poor design maybe?

Current set now at about 20,000 miles and still going strong, these are Koyo and were set up by feel alone, no torque wrenches or settings used :D

Dunno :blast

Poorer quality, poor design maybe?

Current set now at about 20,000 miles and still going strong, these are Koyo and were set up by feel alone, no torque wrenches or settings used :D

Next time mine need doing can I come and see you?

I'll bring biscuits..

Next time mine need doing can I come and see you?

I'll bring biscuits..

Sorry Paul ... I have no workshop or garage! I do them myself using the facilities at Rainbow Motorcycles, it wouldn't be right, or possible, to do someone else's there :blast

Back
Top Bottom