LED indicator protectors

I've got to ask why?? Rather than loosing an indicator you are now looking at ripping the mount away along with the indicator, while its nicely protected ... :nenau

I was about to order some but then googled reviews on Aliexpress!
Probably still worth a punt for a tenner but I'm too impatient to wait 2 months not knowing if they'll ever turn up.

I've got to ask why?? Rather than loosing an indicator you are now looking at ripping the mount away along with the indicator, while its nicely protected ... :nenau

Several members complained of knocking their indicators off in the garage when trying to get passed their bikes.

I was about to order some but then googled reviews on Aliexpress!
Probably still worth a punt for a tenner but I'm too impatient to wait 2 months not knowing if they'll ever turn up.

I paid for them in the middle of April and they arrived yesterday by recorded delivery.

I paid for them in the middle of April and they arrived yesterday by recorded delivery.

That's good! Are they metal or plastic?
The trouble I have is I do occasionally catch them whilst squeezing the bike through my gate. When I do they just pop out of the screw and I can easily get them back in again.
If these are metal it might be a problem.

Several members complained of knocking their indicators off in the garage when trying to get passed their bikes.

Yes - that happened to me, and as a newbie GS owner I had naively imagined that a £15k bike would have indicators made from a quality material, instead of what appears to be brittle low quality recycled plastic. I expected them to be made from a rubbery material which would have a little give, allowing it to spring back from minor knocks, but I barely brushed it when squeezing past the bike in the garage and it just cracked, and subsequently fell apart.

That's good! Are they metal or plastic?
The trouble I have is I do occasionally catch them whilst squeezing the bike through my gate. When I do they just pop out of the screw and I can easily get them back in again.
If these are metal it might be a problem.

Metal with what appears to be a plastic coating.

I have the Wunderlich version (identical) , bought after some tw*t snapped the front n/side indicator off my GSA on the mezzanine deck of the Hull ferry last summer, dealers reckon that they replace at least one a month on bikes in the showroom after people catch them walking past.

The protectors will NOT damage the bodywork if caught (I've done it in the garage), another tip is on the GSA fit front pattern GSA (same as rear GS ones ) to the rear of the GSA they are more tucked in and cannot be accidentaly caught when walking past

Change the indicators for smaller items ??

I fitted small LED indicators to my F800 they are 35mm as opposed to the 85mm BMW LED indicators. They fit neatly into the existing fitting with a washer to cover the hole.

I reckon they were about £30 .... that's for four... not a pair

Get rid of the bikes clogging up garages FFS! It is a no brainer :rob :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - that happened to me, and as a newbie GS owner I had naively imagined that a £15k bike would have indicators made from a quality material, instead of what appears to be brittle low quality recycled plastic. I expected them to be made from a rubbery material which would have a little give, allowing it to spring back from minor knocks, but I barely brushed it when squeezing past the bike in the garage and it just cracked, and subsequently fell apart.

I agree, I did this to mine too. When I went to the dealer to get it replaced they had the indicators in stock! Apparently it happens 'all the time'. You'd think on a bike made to do off-road they would manage to house the indicators on some bendable rubber mounts instead of the black rice-paper stuff currently used. :blast

Just got home from work and they turned up today. 13 days from ordering. Chuffed with that! 12 dollars for the pair vs £25 each in this country.
Gonna go in the man cave tonight and fit them :)

Change the indicators for smaller items ??

I fitted small LED indicators to my F800 they are 35mm as opposed to the 85mm BMW LED indicators. They fit neatly into the existing fitting with a washer to cover the hole.

I reckon they were about £30 .... that's for four... not a pair

Will the 35mm ones fit a lc gs? Also where did you purchase from?
Thanks

Will the 35mm ones fit a lc gs? Also where did you purchase from?
Thanks

I would imagine so... the BMW LED ones look the same whether they're on a 800 1200 0r whatever..

as for purchase I can't remember ... but I will find out for you.... must be in the history somewhere..

Back
Top Bottom