Broken kickstarter

notagser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I decided to extract my Bonneville from under its covers and finally get round to installing a (replacement) Pazon ignition unit that has been sitting waiting for two years.
All went well until the kickstart lever broke. :mad:
Luckily I still had another in one of my "things that'll come in handy one day" boxes.
So, bike is now running, and been polished. :)

I now need to give it a decent run, so I'm happy it will make it to the MOT station in a roadworthy condition. Unfortunately it needs an MOT first, so I can take it out for a decent run................

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_4945.jpg
    IMG_4945.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 432
That looks superb, isnt it funny how classics catch you out. I took my C15 / SS80 out of the garage a couple of years ago for the standard, lets just start it up an listen!.

I then noticed some blue smoke appearing to point down from the header pipe to the silencer. Reason...... 2" hole in the silencer seam where the main stand hits it! They all do that sir!
£100 solved the problem and off we went again. Classics dont you just love em👍

My Triton used to lose a downpipe when exhaust port stub pipe unscewed itself. It need a screw through from the inside to stop it turning but I wan't bright enough to arrange that. I also shook everything to bits, though the kickstarter never broke. Was the taper pin hammered in too tight?

I decided to extract my Bonneville from under its covers and finally get round to installing a (replacement) Pazon ignition unit that has been sitting waiting for two years.
All went well until the kickstart lever broke. :mad:
Luckily I still had another in one of my "things that'll come in handy one day" boxes.
So, bike is now running, and been polished. :)

I now need to give it a decent run, so I'm happy it will make it to the MOT station in a roadworthy condition. Unfortunately it needs an MOT first, so I can take it out for a decent run................

Had that happen to me on a BSA A7 in Matlock bath one Sunday; the shame still hurts after 38 yrs.:D

Funny how times change, last year my nephew asked if I was coming round for a beer, I said later as I had to fix a Kickstarter, he said wow your fixing Kickstarter you must be a genius, took me a while to figure out he thought I was fixing Kickstarter the internet giant :blast

I just put mine up onto the stand. I have to fit in finishing. the thing has only done 600 miles from new.
Powder coated the frame end of 2013
Took the cases off and de-chromed.
Needs:
Electronic ign finishing off.
Bleed the brakes.
polish or chrome the cases.
Connect up all the wiring.
and all the remaining bits.

Attachments

• 20180106_120220.jpg
    20180106_120220.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 269
I broke my kickstarter in too many pieces on my trials bike in the bottom of a hugely steep hill in the middle of a forest.

Took me a while to fashion another one out of my spare allen keys taped together, I was well impressed with my handywork.

I figured I had one chance and luckily she fired right up and away :cool:

Back
Top Bottom