Sorry another Glide Question

lawvar

Reaction score
I have ridden a 2016 glide last year and was really surprised at the handling.
I believe they changed the chassis 2009 ?
How much different in handling are the models before and is there anything else i should know ?
Im looking at 2008 on e bay that ends tomorrow
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Did you buy the Glide?

I've only just seen this, but I couldn't have helped much anyway as I've only ridden Street Glides from 2015. I bought a 2015 Glide and I love it. It makes me smile/laugh every time I go out on it. Taking it to France in a couple of weeks' time and really looking forward to it.

One thing that made a big difference was replacing the stock suspension with Ohlins stuff. I rode a 2017 Milwaukee Eight this afternoon and the revised suspension on that was nowhere near as good as my Ohlins. I'd recommend swapping out the Harley stuff for something better. Hagons are recommended by some.

Thanks for taking the time and the advice

Ask the question on the Harley Davidson Riders Club of GB, lots of great info. There is a marked difference in the frames, the later frame is much better. There are several options to stiffen the older frames, but each seems to be a compromise.

still looking
All good things come to those who wait
or so im hoping

I'm back next week - will post some relevant shite ..

as far as I know the 09 on are also longer seat / frame design and also I'm sure they came with a bigger rear wheel width also

as far as 6 speed gearboxes and bigger motors too

a lot of little different things that we would not take any notice of but are there

I have an '05 Glide with decent Avon tyres, progressive fork springs and the magical "Touring Link' that solves the hinge in the middle problem. Within the bounds of the ground clearance it handles well enough for the kind of riding it's designed for, especially if you want to stay within the parameters of the brakes!

I've ridden the 2010 model and it certainly a significant step up in terms of handling, power and brakes. It's also a lot more sanitised in overall feel. It does accelerate faster and is a lot smoother at the top end, and I guess you might make it round a few specific corners faster than my '05 but ground clearance is always going to hold you back.

If you're looking for razor sharp handling this is the wrong manufacturer entirely

I was impressed with the handling of the street glide it was much better than i expected.
And miles better than the breakout !!
I was just wondering if older models were significantly worse or "just a little"
Since i have not ridden any other i have nothing to compare it against.
Not expecting superbike handling .

I have just bought a new breakout and swapped it for a new 103 spec road glide

The Road Glide is night and day compared to the older models as they have a lot more on them as standard

I am building an ultra classic with the bat wing and its a lot heavier then the glide is on the front end and also no wind pushing you about as the fairing is bolted to the frame and not the bars ....................

Back
Top Bottom