Suns out . . . (Speed) Guns out !

luke scott

Reaction score
I had the pleasure yesterday to use one of the new Laser speed guns that are rolling out here in Ireland. :cool: They are "very" light so can be stuffed back into a jacket if the need arises to go after a driver. They also download the GPS location every time the trigger is pulled so the location of the traffic cop can be verified to match up with his diary at the end of the week. I was amazed at how easy it was to use (for a first timer) but also surprised at how fast cars & bikes were going in a suburban environment. The really scary thing for us all is the range of these :augie. We were getting speeders over 1.25 Km's down the road. :eek::eek::eek: So even if a motorist flashed a warning that Mr Traffic Garda is ahead it might be too late. Be warned.

There are set criteria for the minimum/maximum distances that an operator is allowed to use a laser gun within.

It cannot be further than x metres or less than y metres, this ensures that it is only the vehicle aimed at that is giving return.

It is unlawful to jam radar signals, but there other ways that aren't illegal.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

There are set criteria for the minimum/maximum distances that an operator is allowed to use a laser gun within.

It cannot be further than x metres or less than y metres, this ensures that it is only the vehicle aimed at that is giving return.

It is unlawful to jam radar signals, but there other ways that aren't illegal.

Wrong. But do share the legal ways of avoiding them ?

Although, depending upon the manufacturer; they will specify a maximum accuracy operating distance.

Over that there is no guarantee that it is just your vehicle that they've captured.

Obviously Police Scotland are following in the footsteps of the Gàrda !

I genuinely doubt it . Our "Garda Siochana" are at the lowest ebb i can remember.
Only this weekn it was "discovwered" that Eur100,000.00 was misplaced from the Garda training college , to the Garda boat "club" ........
This only a week or two after , the Gardai Admitted they had been massageing the numbers for roadside breath testing , and sending court summons to people that were
not afforded the oppurtunity to pay a fixed penalty.
It was revealed recently that,, one of the tools they would seemingly regulary use to silence "Straight Gardai" was to register them as Child Sex Offenders without "anyones" knowledge .
After only recently threatening to go on "strike" holding the People and Country to ransome ! ... there is regulations that forbid this ? .... Nope ,not a word !.
I doubt any countries Police force could be as Corrupt as these boys.
The Galling thing about it is no-one seems to want to do anything about it !. And they Call this a "republic"
I have to stress ,, there are "straight Cops " out there but the current Hierarchy let the whole show down .
I reckon thety need civilian management that are genuinely accountable. The Current "Us & Them" mentality has to end.

Similar "allegations" get made here, step out of line etc etc.

Complaints mishandled, systemic failures.

There's a lot of very good and honest cop's, when the system is fucking them over, there is little chance for the rest of us !

I hate to miss out on a deal, can I get two speeding tickets for the price of one. :D

Attachments

• garda nuimbers.jpg
    garda nuimbers.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 306
Similar "allegations" get made here, step out of line etc etc.

Complaints mishandled, systemic failures.

There's a lot of very good and honest cop's, when the system is fucking them over, there is little chance for the rest of us !

Probably a sorry reflection on the Country , or the People in it ,allowing this to continue .
These are not allegations ,, This is Fact , probably only the tip of the Iceberg /

I hate to miss out on a deal, can I get two speeding tickets for the price of one. :D
Back in the day............ of the "on the spot" fines....... I was on my way down to Castlegregory from Dublin....... late in the evening.

I was caught doing triple figures by a fine upstanding member of the Garda Siochana on the hill running down into Castleisland............. fair play to him...... he gave me the option of 2 €50"on the spot" fines.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Treat them with respect...... and they will return the favour.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I genuinely doubt it . Our "Garda Siochana" are at the lowest ebb i can remember.
Only this weekn it was "discovwered" that Eur100,000.00 was misplaced from the Garda training college , to the Garda boat "club" ........
This only a week or two after , the Gardai Admitted they had been massageing the numbers for roadside breath testing , and sending court summons to people that were
not afforded the oppurtunity to pay a fixed penalty.
It was revealed recently that,, one of the tools they would seemingly regulary use to silence "Straight Gardai" was to register them as Child Sex Offenders without "anyones" knowledge .
After only recently threatening to go on "strike" holding the People and Country to ransome ! ... there is regulations that forbid this ? .... Nope ,not a word !.
I doubt any countries Police force could be as Corrupt as these boys.
The Galling thing about it is no-one seems to want to do anything about it !. And they Call this a "republic"
I have to stress ,, there are "straight Cops " out there but the current Hierarchy let the whole show down .
I reckon thety need civilian management that are genuinely accountable. The Current "Us & Them" mentality has to end.

Bring back the R.I C.

I had the pleasure yesterday to use one of the new Laser speed guns that are rolling out here in Ireland. :cool: They are "very" light so can be stuffed back into a jacket if the need arises to go after a driver. They also download the GPS location every time the trigger is pulled so the location of the traffic cop can be verified to match up with his diary at the end of the week. I was amazed at how easy it was to use (for a first timer) but also surprised at how fast cars & bikes were going in a suburban environment. The really scary thing for us all is the range of these :augie. We were getting speeders over 1.25 Km's down the road. :eek::eek::eek: So even if a motorist flashed a warning that Mr Traffic Garda is ahead it might be too late. Be warned.
Wouldn't trust much the gardai do these days. Corrupt from day one according to todays news.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom