No Harley, Am I a lesser man?

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After many years of HD ownership I have just sold my Street Bob this week, it is currently awaiting collection from a courier and will be off to a new home in NI. Someone got a real bargain as I had to practically give the thing away as the market seems to be awash with them.

Having owned it alongside the Indian for the last 18 months, the Indian has by far proven to be a better bike in all ways, the HD has been left languishing in the back of the garage and I really do not need two matt black cruisers, so its gone.

Interestingly I visited the Indian dealer last week and he too has a showroom of HDs he wants rid of as they are being traded in for Indians, but asking way too much for them in my opinion.

Anyway; does not having an HD make me a lesser man as many on here seem to to be aspiring to HD ownership, I guess its something many bikers like to try at least once, but for me the box has been ticked and its time to move on.

That said, with the exception of blown bulbs and relays and the headlight vibrating itself off, the HD did prove to be a reliable ride over the years and for now the indian is an unknown entity for long term ownership, but so far it has proven to be trouble free.

I may miss it, I may not, time will tell.:thumb2

I did the same some years ago but returned to HD ownership following a years absence from the marque.
I did try an Indian Scout from a dealer nearby but it wasn't for me. It was a very compitent bike with plenty
of poke and in most ways better than a HD, but for a cruiser I found it a bit clinical. IMHO.
I'm a bit of a dinasaur in respect of cruisers and prefere the air cooled clatter and bang of a Harley.:)
As far as reliability goes, it wouldn't suprise me if you have very little in the way of problems with your bike,
Polaris did a great job with their Victory range, so I would think the same thing goes with their Indians.
Enjoy.:beerjug:

I reckon in a few years time once the leather wears in and the glitzy shine goes off the bike those road masters will look amazing. Love the look of the engine.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.co.uk/indian-roadmaster-classic/

top-image.png

For the record, the tassels are on velcro so are not compulsory:D

Just returned from a 2500 mile trip on mine around Germany and Poland, the accompanying Harley was picked up from the autoban by a breakdown truck on day one. The Indian was faultless as expected.

Back
Top Bottom