Hey my name is Gary

GCB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I am a now a 1200GS Owner!my first BMW and i have to say what a great bike. i have only been riding for 1.5 years and off to Switzerland on July!! I am looking for advice on what you guys and girls think is the best touring seat.

Thanks in advance

Gary :bounce1

welcome Gary.

Seats are a very personal thing, my own preference is Corbin

Thanks for the reply YMFB and yes i agree its a personal thing but theres no where to try before you buy lol!

Welcome to the site Gary :thumb

I've had one or two GS's :ague and the latest one equipped with a Sargent seat is by far the most comfy I've had..... some have caused me coccyx agony.... this is the first seat where I'm not thinking about my arse all the time ;)

Hi Bryn thanks for the welcome! i think the comfiest thing on a bike defo needs to be your ass!!

If you are patient a used seat will become available on here you can buy them, try and resell if it doesn't float your boat.

As I said it's personal choice and prefer Corbin to Sargent and BMW "comfort" to stock, but there are loads of others including having yours modified.

If you are patient a used seat will become available on here you can buy them, try and resell if it doesn't float your boat.

As I said it's personal choice and prefer Corbin to Sargent and BMW "comfort" to stock, but there are loads of others including having yours modified.

:thumb2

where do i post if i have a general question ?

B&B is as good a place as any... if it doesn't fit any of the other sections :thumb

Thanks Wreford,

i already have an air hawk 2 but dont like the feeling under my toosh! lol

Hi Gary & welcome to the forum......:thumb2

My seat had a piece cut out by the previous owner (probably due to their short inside leg!!), so I've been using an airhawk for 7 years without issue; I noticed you state that don't like the feeling under your arse - this could be due to over inflation.

Hi Gary & welcome to the forum......:thumb2

My seat had a piece cut out by the previous owner (probably due to their short inside leg!!), so I've been using an airhawk for 7 years without issue; I noticed you state that don't like the feeling under your arse - this could be due to over inflation.

Which model of Airhawk are u using Bounce? I have been looking at the Airhawk 2 but not sure which one will fit my 2008 GS. Thanks in advance. Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which model of Airhawk are u using Bounce? I have been looking at the Airhawk 2 but not sure which one will fit my 2008 GS. Thanks in advance. Steve

Hi Steve

The one I bought (back in 2010) is a Cruiser Small....it actually fits/levels out perfectly the dip created by the piece that was cut out of my seat by the previous owner.

However, you might find that the newer Cruiser R small is a better fit

Hi Steve

The one I bought (back in 2010) is a Cruiser Small....it actually fits/levels out perfectly the dip created by the piece that was cut out of my seat by the previous owner.

However, you might find that the newer Cruiser R small is a better fit

Thanks mate

Hi Gary, welcome and hope you enjoy the new wheels.

Ive got the Sargent rider and pillion seats and both the missus and myself really like this setup over standard on my 2012 GSA, like most have said its personal choice. If your up Aberdeen way give me a shout and you can give the Sargent setup a try..

I also have an airhawk that im going to sell so if its of interest drop me a message.

Thanks
Mark

Back
Top Bottom