Halvarssons trousers

GSJones

Reaction score
Morning all

Just looking at a few if these, both current offerings and old stock. Some Poseidon and Targa about for sensible money. Prince is substantially more than i want to pay. The Q look good for the right price. Any one used any of these models? The spec looks similar on most of them.

Also, sizing wise, how do they come up? I'm usually a 36 but can find things like jeans tight on the thigh?

Thanks for any help.

I have a pair of Jofama (Halvarsson, Lindstrands and Jofama are all the same company) V trousers which are one of there cheapest trousers. Cannot complain about them at all. Sizing I found to be spot on if you go by their sizing chart, although if you want to wear the thermal lining and a pair of work trousers/jeans under them you may be better with the next side up. I tend to keep the liner out and wear my work stuff under them. Works a treat at keeping me warm and dry!

Had some Targa trousers. Very good & I liked them a lot, but they are coated with TFL Cool (Think that's what its called) which is supposed to help to keep you cool in sunshine. However, it reacts badly with sunlight and goes brown leaving you with patchy black & brown trousers!
Not an issue performance wise, and doesn't matter if you are not fussy about the appearance.
I don't think they use TFL Cool anymore on textile clothing because of they problem.

Thanks for the replies. Still not sure which pair to go for as they are all of a similar spec re liners etc. Thanks for that info on sizing ArwenX7.

I think the Halvarssons trousers fit true to size at the waist but it may be worth going up a size to account for the fact that scandanavians seem to have thin legs and arms.

Have a look at the Havarssons Mercury trousers. They have a laminated c-change membrane........ you will never get wet in them!!

There are some still online at clearance prices.

If you are a 56 or above......this deal would be hard to overlook!!!!
https://www.raceleathers.co.uk/mercury-pants-mens-00-black-48.html

837491034c55158af4b9b6713b6a4272.jpg

Will those Mercury trousers zip to newer Halvarssons or Lindstrands jackets if i ever needed them to?

Will those Mercury trousers zip to newer Halvarssons or Lindstrands jackets if i ever needed them to?

I am fairly sure they would. Give the seller a call or drop them an email.

They where the top of the food chain in the Halvarssons range and would have been in the region of £500 when they where out.

Been toying with the idea of picking up a used Rukka or similar for a while but have taken a punt on these Mercury trousers through the link provided. A bit concerned that 56 will be a bit big but the trousers seem to have a lot of adjustment which will hopefull bring the waist in - likely to need the size in the thighs. Hopefully, will turn out ok as the spec is certainly top notch and far better than any current models available for anything near this price. They will have their first proper thest when my wife and I go on our first tour to Ireland in June! Hoping that waterproof-ness will remain untested!

Back
Top Bottom