Rejection of a motorcycle ??

Sorry to hear of you problems Matt gs lc,

Hopefully see you in dent, if you want a laugh wait till you see the nick of my bike? It's had a new engine and drive train and now the sub frame might as well be red as it's a rust bucket! Gutted!

Catch ya next week

i had a complaint via PayPal and paid obviously through my debit card and i got told to go through my bank as that was the best option and i didn't have to send all the faulty parts etc back to America

if you claim through PayPal you have to send the items back before a full refund was given and would of cost another couple of thousand pounds as it was a massive order for my Harley build I'm doing

Am i confused or are you?

Good luck with your GS but PayPal/Harley......:nenau:nenau

Am i confused or are you?

Good luck with your GS but PayPal/Harley......:nenau:nenau

on page one someone commented about paying by card etc and as I had a similar experience via PayPal and my card I wrote that

seemed a good idea at the time lol

Been told my GS will be at my dealer tomorrow to collect for the foreseeable future until they sort something out with mine one way or another

I filed a section 75 claim a couple of years ago for £500 with Santander after I unknowingly bought a fake Rolex watch strap from the USA, paid for with PayPal. I only learned 6 months after receipt it was fake.

I sent some high quality pics and they paid up straight away. Still have fake strap.

Worth a go even if the payment was via a 3rd party.

Got some good news

BMW MOTORAD UK ARE going to give me a new bike due to the problems with my last one

the only down side is that I have to pay for my locks to be key coded on my boxes, the first service and insurance change over cost etc

sorry but I don't see why I should have to pay for all that as its not my fault my brand new bike wasn't right

Got some good news

BMW MOTORAD UK ARE going to give me a new bike due to the problems with my last one

the only down side is that I have to pay for my locks to be key coded on my boxes, the first service and insurance change over cost etc

sorry but I don't see why I should have to pay for all that as its not my fault my brand new bike wasn't right

You can code the locks yourself, for free. Or at least, any half decent dealer will do it without charging.

First service should be around £80, and the insurance should just be an admin fee of around £30, as the bike is exactly the same.

So, all in all, for just over £100, I'd say you've done well.:thumb

You can code the locks yourself, for free. Or at least, any half decent dealer will do it without charging.

First service should be around £80, and the insurance should just be an admin fee of around £30, as the bike is exactly the same.

So, all in all, for just over £100, I'd say you've done well.:thumb

What he said... I hope you get it sorted mate.... been watching how you get on with interest..... enjoy the new bike:beerjug: would you mind saying which dealer? :beerjug:

Got some good news

You could just ask them for all your money back (as they've admitted it was defective) and buy something else but unfortunately, it won't help your plight as to how you can change your insurance without having to pay them or your broker a 'fee' :rolleyes:

I would divide the cost to change by the amount of miles you've travelled and call it a rental charge :thumby:

Go KTM

Why have another WC?

Just get a full refund of your original deal, less 1600 miles usage

Switch brands

Got some good news

You dont have to pay, in Law its called Consequential Loss. They should pay as the costs are consequential to the remedy.

I'd push them for all costs. They're not doing you a favour, they're in breach of contract.

Quote...

Consequential damages, otherwise known as special damages, are damages that can be proven to have occurred because of the failure of one party to meet a contractual obligation. They go beyond the contract itself and into the actions garnished from the failure to fulfill.

You dont have to pay, in Law its called Consequential Loss. They should pay as the costs are consequential to the remedy.

I'd push them for all costs. They're not doing you a favour, they're in breach of contract.

Quote...

Consequential damages, otherwise known as special damages, are damages that can be proven to have occurred because of the failure of one party to meet a contractual obligation. They go beyond the contract itself and into the actions garnished from the failure to fulfill.

That should drag it out nicely.

To be very fair to the dealer (MARSHALL GRIMSBY) they have been absolutely fantastic with all the problems etc, I have got a near new 400 mls GS Exclusive direct from MOTORAD UK to use until my new bike is here but............................if it happens again on the next new bike I get, then BMW will only fix it and as I know its got a problem (even on the next bike) they will not replace it, I'm sorry but that's just a load of Boll*x, BMW know there is a World Wide Problem so it should be a recall and not left to the individual to have to keep pushing for something to be done before someone gets hurt or even killed by one of there known problems, I am in two minds still to get a refund as that's what has been offered but I just don't like anything else as much as the GSA

I have read in America that people have got free Rally suits etc as compensation and they wont even cover any costs what so ever but BMW Marshall have offered to do everything at cost and no make a penny, I can code the locks myself so I shall be asking for the other coding keys they have when they buy the kit if needed but I think BMW MOTORAD UK should pay BMW Marshall to do it all and get me back to where I was before all this happened

I'm just waiting for a call from BMW UK but have been all day so not holding my breath ...................................thanks again everyone for your input and help with this issue.

BMW know there is a World Wide Problem so it should be a recall and not left to the individual to have to keep pushing for something to be done before someone gets hurt or even killed by one of there known problems

How many bikes are affected by this problem?

Just have to look on here and on Facebook pages and it seems a lot, I don't know exactly as you could probably guess but its full of gearbox problems on all bmw and adventure pages etc

Just have to look on here and on Facebook pages and it seems a lot, I don't know exactly as you could probably guess but its full of gearbox problems on all bmw and adventure pages etc

And you want another one and they cannot guarantee you won't have a problem and if you do there only going to fix it, by having a replacement you accept this !

Get ya money back and walk.

I agree Money back.

I love my GS 1200 which is 4 years old Sept. Have to admit that when I change it KTM is my first port of call.

BMW will lose market share because of the poor build quality issues. Give it 3 years when the market is full of corroded bikes BMW resale values will plummit. They are obviously aware of this due to giving two years warranty on 2nd hand bikes and swapping corroded parts out under warranty.

Remember in the 70s when no one would buy Fiats?

And you want another one and they cannot guarantee you won't have a problem and if you do there only going to fix it, by having a replacement you accept this !

Get ya money back and walk.

THIS ! it seems they are taking the piss out of you , and your letting them ! get your hard earned cash back. then shop around. You may even get a new GSA ( which i think you will ) but Cash Is king and you could purchase and save a few quid in doing so.

That also means a new contract with the warranty and if anything goes wrong on that bike you are within the terms and conditions to start the rejecting role alls over again . Take what they offer you now and your ....lets put it bluntly ....FUKED

I will need to say the Marshall BMW gave me the new bike I currently rejected at a massively reduced price due to various reasons so I would not get all the value of a new GSA back hence saying I will get a new one again so I'm kind of stuck in a rock and a hard place to be honest and KTM just look nothing like to me for what I want and the price of them is more than a new GSA

Spoke to BMW MOTORAD UK today and they wont at the moment do anything but give me a new bike with the terms already set out but it is going higher on the ladder to someone who has a better say so, so we shall see but I really would like to wait and get the 2018 spec if its coming out in the next few weeks as I'm hoping it will come with all the toys etc and still look good

Back
Top Bottom