Rejection of a motorcycle ??

mattgslc

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just spoken to MOTORAD UK and they would not take the rejection of my 2017 7 week old BMW GSA TE and I would have to go back to the dealer and they would have to change it

Right I understand that it would have to go through my dealer but for MOTORAD UK to not have the bike back due to the engine and gearbox being junk I am shocked at as its a "Manufacture" problem as opposed to a dealer problem

Whats peoples thoughts on this ?

:beerjug::beerjug:

Any rejections i've heard about have been through the dealer. I rejected mine at a few weeks old through the dealer for a gearbox issue and they replaced the bike within a couple of weeks with a new one.

It has to be done through the dealer as that's who you have the contract with, would be my guess.What has gone wrong with it in such a short space of time?

You are entitled to reject the bike under the sales of goods act, and or Sales of Goods and Services Act.

But contact the MCIA. The Motorcycle Industry Association. They have a Buy with Confidence Scheme and arbitration service which is supported in UK LAW. BMW are members of the MCIA, so their Authorised dealer network are subject to policy and membership rules.

http://www.mcia.co.uk/Index.aspx

Also, if you paid for the bike (in any part above £100) with a credit card, you are entitled to support under Section 75 of Consumer Credit Act.

Remember always that your Warranty is not there to fix a faulty bike from new. If its faulty, up to 6 months from new the Law assumes it was faulty from new and you are entitled to reject. Providing you've not accepted the machine. Accepted id defined as doing anything to personalise or customise the bike. It must remain as you received it.

Good luck.

Hi all
I have just spoken to MOTORAD UK and they would not take the rejection of my 2017 7 week old BMW GSA TE and I would have to go back to the dealer and they would have to change it

Right I understand that it would have to go through my dealer but for MOTORAD UK to not have the bike back due to the engine and gearbox being junk I am shocked at as its a "Manufacture" problem as opposed to a dealer problem

Whats peoples thoughts on this ?

:beerjug::beerjug:

Done it twice:blast See your dealer:thumb

Your contract is with the dealer and not motorrad uk, it's the dealer whom have to get Bmw uk involved and you need to let the dealer address the issues before you can reject, it's only at the point where it's still a bag of shite you can reject, you must address a detailed letter/email to the MD and outline your rejection, if it's on pcp get the lender involved.

I've rejected 2 WC bikes both times full refund and £2k off a XR as a gesture of goodwill and I had compo payout on the first bike after it tried to kill me, however it was the dealer whom put there hand in there own pocket to pay all my expenses and losses.

I like the GS WC a lot but will never buy one again, there relying on brand selling rather than quality.

You bought the bike off the dealer. You have no contract with BMW. Tell us more. JJH

Thanks for your reply's guys I appreciate it

My bike from brand new had a gear shift problem as it would not go up or down gears smoothly and was finding neutrals and then jerking into gear and then going down was locking and would not shift down at all so had to go up the box to come down, Steve Bell from BMW MOTORAD has ridden it and agreed its not right and also the engine is very noisy and rattling more than it should do, apparently due to a faulty cam etc

I told the dealer the first week I got the bike and was told " its got running in oil in it so ride it some more and see how you go after the first service" to which I did and its just getting worse so I took it to the dealer and took most of my extras off and left it with them

Since then I have had a call that BMW MOTORAD UK want the dealer to look into more of the bike regarding sensors etc

I just don't want it anymore as I had a bad accident in 1992 on a new Suzuki RF 600 due to a faulty gearbox which nearly killed me hence not wanting this one to maybe do the same thing

thanks again guys for your help

Thanks for your reply's guys I appreciate it

My bike from brand new had a gear shift problem as it would not go up or down gears smoothly and was finding neutrals and then jerking into gear and then going down was locking and would not shift down at all so had to go up the box to come down, Steve Bell from BMW MOTORAD has ridden it and agreed its not right and also the engine is very noisy and rattling more than it should do, apparently due to a faulty cam etc

I told the dealer the first week I got the bike and was told " its got running in oil in it so ride it some more and see how you go after the first service" to which I did and its just getting worse so I took it to the dealer and took most of my extras off and left it with them

Since then I have had a call that BMW MOTORAD UK want the dealer to look into more of the bike regarding sensors etc

I just don't want it anymore as I had a bad accident in 1992 on a new Suzuki RF 600 due to a faulty gearbox which nearly killed me hence not wanting this one to maybe do the same thing

thanks again guys for your help

I am just about to reject my 18 month old 10,000 mile GSA due to a huge catalogue of corrosion and piss poor paint problems. I actually do not want another BMW due to the build quality sucking big time. Let us know how you get on.

I am just about to reject my 18 month old 10,000 mile GSA due to a huge catalogue of corrosion and piss poor paint problems. I actually do not want another BMW due to the build quality sucking big time. Let us know how you get on.

so sorry about that and all the other problems that people have had and yes I will see what happens and let you all know

I'm just pissed because I have Dent next week and I wont be on my bike but a loaner from BMW and a GS, not a GSA to which I bought

I'm in a bit of a pickle though as my dealers been superb with my problems and are a great bunch of guys but at the same time I need it sorting

I think you must do this through the dealer in the first instance.

I got nowhere with my dealer and then contacted BMW Customer service after 12 months of the same fault.

They then negotiated a replacement bike.

Good luck !

Just make sure all correspondence with the dealer or BMW is documented. You will need it if things escalate to solicitors and whatnots.

I'd be very interested to know how this pans out :green gri

You are entitled to reject the bike under the sales of goods act, and or Sales of Goods and Services Act.

Also, if you paid for the bike (in any part above £100) with a credit card, you are entitled to support under Section 75 of Consumer Credit Act.

Good luck.

Unfortunatly this is no longer the case , you only get section 75 protection if the card payment was processed with the credit card company

If the transaction went trough a 3rd party (e.g.sagepay) then there is no link to the CC card company, and they are now

rejecting claims under section 75. (ouch)

Best bet is if you are using a CC for payment, clarify who will be handling the payment transaction before you flash the plastic

Mart

Where is 'people don't know how to change gear' Engineer when we need him .... :D

Where is 'people don't know how to change gear' Engineer when we need him .... :D

well that's funny because BMW have told my dealer to change something in the gearbox as the problem is an alleged selector arm which is catching the pins on something

I think its all bollox myself and apparently there is an 8 page or more detailed explanation to do stuff to the top end of my bike to stop the more than noisy rattle

I want another bike, end of ...........................and just to clarify I have been riding geared bikes since the age of 5 so I know how to change gear

Nah .... yer definitely not blipping it on the down change .... :D

Unfortunatly this is no longer the case , you only get section 75 protection if the card payment was processed with the credit card company

If the transaction went trough a 3rd party (e.g.sagepay) then there is no link to the CC card company, and they are now

rejecting claims under section 75. (ouch)

Best bet is if you are using a CC for payment, clarify who will be handling the payment transaction before you flash the plastic

Mart

Thanks for the update. Valid point.

i had a complaint via PayPal and paid obviously through my debit card and i got told to go through my bank as that was the best option and i didn't have to send all the faulty parts etc back to America

if you claim through PayPal you have to send the items back before a full refund was given and would of cost another couple of thousand pounds as it was a massive order for my Harley build I'm doing

Back
Top Bottom