Rejection of a motorcycle ??

Just have to look on here and on Facebook pages and it seems a lot, I don't know exactly as you could probably guess but its full of gearbox problems on all bmw and adventure pages etc

Sorry, I don't do Facebook but I've looked on here and I can't find anything on the World Wide problem re gearbox issues of which you speak :nenau

I will need to say the Marshall BMW gave me the new bike I currently rejected at a massively reduced price due to various reasons so I would not get all the value of a new GSA back

These things are never as straight forward as they originally seem to appear :rolleyes:

I will need to say the Marshall BMW gave me the new bike I currently rejected at a massively reduced price due to various reasons so I would not get all the value of a new GSA back

I have a mate who from 2013 to present day has had 1 x new 1200 GS and 3 x new 1200 GSA's

Because originally there was a part exchange involved the contributions/credit notes that were flying around between BMW and the dealer became very complicated. Complicated to the point were I doubt BMW or the dealer made any money on the whole transaction. But what I do know is he was able to go from a 2013 GS to a 2017 GSA Triple Black in four years and it only cost him the difference between the cost of a TE spec GS and a TE spec GSA

Forgetting the fact that at least two of his bikes went back in exchange needing both a service and tyres, I think BMW and his dealer did him proud :thumby:

I can't think of any other manufacturer or dealer network that support both the product and the customer like BMW do :clap

I've not heard of any gearbox issues.:nenau

Had GSA's since god was a lad.....no problems other than a bit of rust.....30k a year.....all roads n weather......regular service, little washing.
Suppose i could sit here n pick faults with my toaster if i wanted but hey..there are people dying out there......

I had gearbox issues with the replacement motor in my RT LC, pretty major ones at that resulting In a third motor and an exhaustion of patience. It all got sorted but it will be a while before I go near an LC Boxer again.

I've not heard of any gearbox issues.:nenau

Im having problems with my Rallye gearbox really notchy when I change down from 4th to 3rd it vibrates when you push the lever down and you think it has changed but still shows 4th I have verbally reported the problem and will take it in next week , luckily my mate is the service manager so hopefully no bullshit, My 2016 GSA gearbox was way better in every way so a little concerned on a + note the bike goes like stink and handles like on rails

Had GSA's since god was a lad.....no problems other than a bit of rust.....30k a year.....all roads n weather......regular service, little washing.
Suppose i could sit here n pick faults with my toaster if i wanted but hey..there are people dying out there......

That's fine, I also paid a shit load of money for a motorcycle to do what its supposed to without trying to fucking kill me

After a long and protracted consultation with BMW by the dealer all my affected parts Rear subframe, rear wheel, Final drive have been replaced. I am happy that BMW finally agreed after some cajoling by the dealer but I would have been much happier if it never happened in the first place..;-)

Back
Top Bottom