Wild Atlantic Way - Basecamp or Mapsource map?

lmg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone have a copy of the Wild Atlantic Way route in Basecamp or Mapsource format which they could send me? I am going to the Horizons Unlimited Ireland event and want to ride from Enniskillen to Killarney after the event.

I think this is roughly it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 2,869
It's more like this:

wild-atlantic-way_map.png

Took me eight or nine days. In the rain:eek:

Cheers. I wanted the mapping in order to plan overnight stops etc.

Hopefully someone has it plotted out or I'll have a go myself once I get some free time.

Sent from somewhere...

Cheers. I wanted the mapping in order to plan overnight stops etc.

Hopefully someone has it plotted out or I'll have a go myself once I get some free time.

Sent from somewhere...

That's covered too:

http://www.thewildatlanticway.com/stages.html

Thing is, there is the route and then there are all the extra miles that bring you to places like hook head etc. These add a lot of extra miles. It could be done in seven days but you'd be missing a lot. Have a look at the link, it might be useful.

I am going to the Horizons Unlimited Ireland event and want to ride from Enniskillen to Killarney after the event.

See you there fella.

Me and Nick (GNITS of this parish) are coming over on the 16th and riding the WAW before coming over to Enniskillen for the HU event. We're going to be mainly camping with an occasional hotel stop to dry out :D

My dilemma right now is which bike yo go on - the S1000XR or the CCM GP450 Adv! :duno

That's covered too:

http://www.thewildatlanticway.com/stages.html

Thing is, there is the route and then there are all the extra miles that bring you to places like hook head etc. These add a lot of extra miles. It could be done in seven days but you'd be missing a lot. Have a look at the link, it might be useful.
And we have 4-5 days for the trip. Perhaps we'll need to sort out priorities for POIs

Sent from somewhere...

See you there fella.

Me and Nick (GNITS of this parish) are coming over on the 16th and riding the WAW before coming over to Enniskillen for the HU event. We're going to be mainly camping with an occasional hotel stop to dry out :D

My dilemma right now is which bike yo go on - the S1000XR or the CCM GP450 Adv! :duno
Im going to the HUBB then myself and the editor of MEN are riding the NC500, then going to HUIE then the WAW then a bit of Wales... and home

16 days of riding fun :)

See you there and you can tell me how the WAW was

Sent from somewhere...

Attachments

• Wild Atlantic Way 10 tracks.zip
    58.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Wild Atlantic Way POI.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Wild Atlantic Way Single Route.zip
    73.1 KB · Views: 221
Don't forget to do the Ring of Kerry section when you are down at Killarney

Agreed, it's definitely the highlight of the WAW, along with the area around Westport including Achill Island :beerjug:

I rode most of the route a couple of weeks ago and I'd give Donegal a miss if you're short of time

aa1578bf28973e084e90c3a1c3d97cce.jpg

0bd20ff1a46fd3e01f23472fe49e9851.jpg

a585bea25846ccca0dd63ba4a1797484.jpg

Just back from doing kinsale to doolin. Amazing roads and scenery. Don't miss out the ring if beara.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom