R1150gsa screen on r1150gs

W00d04

Reaction score
Just after a bit of advice, took my r1150gs out the other day for 4hrs and the buffeting was awful (standard screen) I got battered, I have been looking into it a bit and have found an adventure tall screen 61.5cm tall opposed to the 36cm screeen on at the moment.

It's not a bad price so this is the reasoning behind this adv option.

Does anyone know if the adventure screen will fit the gs? From the looks of it, it will. Will also be adding the wind deflectors on the fairings below the bars.

Cheers in advance.

If it's anything like my 1200 - they will fit but you may need additional brackets etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The givi touring screen is the same height as the adventure screen and bolts straight on.
The GSA screen is fixed positon.

If you go for the GSA screen your better off fitting tobinators as well to give some adjustability.

The GSA has extension blocks from the cockpit that you need and you also need the screen clamps.

So not an easy or cheap swap.

I have gone with a tall gs screen with flip edge, so no hassle fitting it, original screen is 36cm the tall is 46cm so will see how it fairs. If anyone is interested it was from skidmarx for £74 ish including postage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a little late, but I tried most options when I had my 1150GS. The MRA Vario was OK but too narrow, Tobinators on the standard screen were better but still gave some buffeting. My final and best solution was the GSA screen (which requires some larger side pods) with the GSA Tobinators. I am 5' 7" and I gave it to a friend who is 6' 5" for his 1150GS and he added an X-creen and has ridden all over Europe without buffeting, says it's not unlike an RT......!
Now, if I could only find a similar solution for my 800GS........

Mmmm this is an oldie but goldie, I tried standard on my 1150, Givi touring, GSA screen and then MRA , the latter was the best of the bunch but the problem of buffetting was only really cured when the MRA or any of the above were combined with a set of Torbinators

Fitted the taller standard screen, its sorted the buffeting only problem with it is I had to put the seat on the lowest position so might add a small adjustable extra lip on the top of the screen for some extra height. And possibly some side wind deflectors. Cheers for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom