I guess its taken a few years but I eventually ended here.

vegnomeat

Reaction score
Despite a lifetime of bikes and never thinking it could ever happen to me, it happened so fast.

Five days ago I helped a friend out and rode his new (used) 2005 GS from the seller in Wales to his home in Worcester. I'd never ridden a GS previously, now five days later I'm the owner of a 2014 GS TE. It was the easiest and lightest bike I had ever ridden and I wanted one.

I have been using a 2015 Tracer for two up touring with the long haired Colonel, Its been fine bike, light, reliable and economic but the Colonel wasn't too comfy and the handling suffered badly despite dialling in max preload and removing the scraped centre stand. I'm now looking at dates for a spot of touring, the things I do for the Colonel.

My daily ride is a 2016 Monster 1200S and I also have a 74 H2B, a CG125 and a Yamaha Jog 50LC.

I was so impressed with the ability of the GS, smooth and stable although a litle slow. The Ergonomics of the bike are spot on, I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Regards

Do you find the Tracer slower than the BM , two up and loaded. And how much better does the BM carry the weight? With regards to comfort, and , handling.

I decided, while riding my Harley in Alaska in 2003, that I wanted a GSA.
It took me 12 years to get one and I love it - a '63 TB TC GSA.

Enjoy yours too. :bounce1:bounce1:clap:clap

The Tracer was plenty quick enough even with a pillion, panniers and a top box. The engine on the MT09 is a glorious piece of engineering. It's only the rear suspension and the lack of room for a pillion that lets it down. My pals GS is the 95BHP model, the Tracer would pee all over it in a straight line. I've purchased the GS purely for touring. I'm certain it's going to be a brilliant bike.

Back
Top Bottom