Test ride an RT tomorrow

Well, I picked her up from Williams Motorcycles yesterday morning and swapped over from my GS, which had done 10,000 miles over the last ten months.

First thoughts after doing 100 miles yesterday going back to the office and then a bit of a ride out last night:

Really impressed with the ride and handling. Far better weather protection and, whilst the bike looks huge, it seems to shrink when you climb aboard. It is surprisingly nimble for such a big bike and not heavy at all. It's also easier to move around when parking up etc than the GS.

It's very early days but, so far, I'm delighted with it.

Negatives so far:

I loved the leg position on the GS and struggle a bit with the RT. I know that the seat pushes your legs further apart than the GS but, on the higher setting I keep catching my legs on the pegs when I put my foot down and, on the lower setting, my knees are a bit cramped up and I am prone to cramp at times. So that's taking a bit of getting used to.

The dash is far clearer than the GS and the controls are pretty easy to work through. Central locking is brilliant and I didn't even though that I was getting it.

Mixed views on the mirrors. I like their position but guess I need to play around with them some more. Visibility from them is not as good as the GS, so quite a few more lifesavers.

Oh and avoiding wearing my white helmet as much as possible as I don't want to look like a copper.

So thanks for all the helpful comments.

Good luck with your new bike Dave. We did 26000 fast miles on the K1200GT you sold us in 20008,

Bloody hell.

If I'd known you were coming over to collect the RT, I'd have given you a lift from the airport again !

2008 ? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom