Boots - hoggs or forma adventure low

Afmuir

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Narrowed it down to these. Have heard so much about Altbergs and Hoggs seem to be a favourite. Forma also seem to well liked. They seem about the same price. Don't want the big adventure boot look, want something I can walk in too. Hoggs have laces, Forma don't which makes me favour them. But people swear by Altbergs. Yes will try both on but will be mail order so bit of hassle. Anyone gone through similar thoughts and have a view on how these two stack up? Thanks.

I have the Altberg hoggs. Great boot, warm and comfy. Bonus is they're fine for walking about off the bike too, they are a military style boot so look OK off the bike to boot (ahem).

I have the Formas. I've had the regular "tall" version for a year and they are brilliant .They are also Ride mags Best Buy.
When I heard about the low version I bought a pair as I can wear armoured jeans with them .
I used them on 2000 mile trip last week and as good as their big brother . Totally waterproof,very comfy on and off the bike and now my default boot.
Buy with confidence !

I have the Hogg and the Forma full length. The Hogg may take 20 seconds extra to put on but it is no big deal.
I bought the Forma so that there wasn't a rush of cold air up my trouser legs in the 10 months here that are coolish. (main bike trousers I wear fit perfectly but ride up an inch too far) They are very comfy boots, totally waterproof and look very well made. Great value for money.
The Hoggs are like wearing slippers, very comfortable, can be worn with bike trousers or jeans and don't look like bike boots. I'd really recommend trying on tho. I've been a euro 46 for decades but when I tried the Hoggs on up at their factory, I went up to 47 as 46 were too tight.
I'd go with Hoggs if I could only have one pair. (Have you thought of getting both ? It'd be as cheap as some other pairs on their own (Daytona for example))

I've got the hoggs. Comfortable, like wearing slippers. Can spend half a day riding in them and then half a day walking when I get to my destination. I've had them 3 winters now and have had no issues with wet or cold feet. They don't take any longer than my last set of BMW Santiago boots to put on.

Been using the Forma Low's for the past 18 months..... best boot I've ever used so far.

ha! excellent feedback thanks. Both boots getting rave reviews which is encouraging for my shortlisting at least. 3 for Hoggs and 2 for Forma although by the slimmest margins, hmm.

I have Altberg High Hoggs and they have taken me up Snowden and Scafel Pike... they are totally waterproof and comfy .. I can't praise them enough, great for touring as very wearable off the bike too ... seriously good kit

I have had Hoggs for 8 years, they are still 100% comfortable and waterproof. use them when touring and want to walk as well. Just bought another pair of Altbergs Road Runner for wearing when on shift with the blood bikes, bit easier to get on when called out. Altberg brilliant boots

Ha ha Dave... I still have it on the list, happy times

I had the Hoggs a few years ago but never got on with them, too stiff and generally uncomfy - and I had them for years. I bought the high Formas a few years ago and love them, very light, comfy and easy to put on/take off.

I also have a pair of Daytonas that I bought here and they're great if I'm not doing the full adventure style get up....

D.

Back
Top Bottom