Down loading a route

worthy

Reaction score
When I try to send a route from my mac to my zumo using base camp there is a tick box asking if I want to send maps with MapInstall when done...should I. my maps are up to date.

Also if I don't tick the box it says transfer complete very quickly. The sat nave then asks me to import the route..

When this is done and I try to magnify route on the sat nav screen it looks as though some of the routes are a dead end road on the map. why ??

Lots of quations I know, but I find it very confusing....:(:(

dont send map install, transfer will be very quick, its a very small amount of data.

some of the routes are a dead end road on the map, this could be the way you have made the route or you could be missing maps on the sat nav and you are seeing just the base map and your route,

More info please. What model nav, what maps are on the mac and what maps are on the unit if any,

The unit is a zumo 590.
Maps City navigator Europe 2017.2

Can't seem to add pictures of route on zumo I'm afraid.

hope I've managed and this helps

/Users/ianworthing/Desktop/IMG_8646.JPG

do you have maps on the mac and the nav, make sure of this first. because it sounds as though the maps are not on the nav.

Using Garmin Express update your maps to device & Mac to 2018.1 which I believe is the latest update for your device

I've just updated the zumo 590 with the latest maps. Now have 2018 on both mac and device. I will remove existing routes on the device and reload and let you know the outcome.

Many thanks for your advice.

Await your news OP....

Though it does indeed sound like you are now cooking with gas.

Not sure, but it still shows route as having some some dead end roads, but I think I need to replant the route.( it's in Spain ) I did a local 40 mile route and followed it ok with no problems.

Thanks every for help

That may be my second guess then, it may be that your route you created is not right, sometimes you have to zoom in to see exactly where you place your waypoints/via/and route.

OP, can you share the route with us, please.

If we can look at it, we might well be able to help you work out why you have dead ends. As Lee says, it may well be as simple as you having placed a dot up a side road (or in a field) as opposed to placing it on the carriageway.

You might also be seeing roads that are shut due to seasonal closures. The route will take you right up to the barrier and then back again.

It's all just a guess. Share the route with us and it'll hopefully be much clearer to us all why it's happening.

You might also be seeing roads that are shut due to seasonal closures. The route will take you right up to the barrier and then back again.

It's all just a guess. Share the route with us and it'll hopefully be much clearer to us all why it's happening.

This will not happen unless you have that avoidance selected, Check the settings, I seem to remember that 660's and Nav Vs came with the "avoid seasonal closures" ticked as a default. Possible this applies to other devices too.

John

This will not happen unless you have that avoidance selected, Check the settings, I seem to remember that 660's and Nav Vs came with the "avoid seasonal closures" ticked as a default. Possible this applies to other devices too.

Indeed so.

The Nav VI comes with it ticked by default.

Back
Top Bottom