Bike rental Southern Spain

Rockred

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike rental Southern Spain

I was in Marbella yesterday and passed this shop renting B.M.W. GSs and 1600s plus scooters ect . Might be of interest to some bods.

http://alpamotorent.com/en/

Alpamotorent is a small Spanish outfit miles away from the airport in Málaga.
For my son's visit for the first week in October, I'm tempted to put him on to the English couple by the name of Corner in Málaga who do airport transfers and also offer a wide range of Beemers. Has anybody on here had any experience of renting from them ?
There are lots of other bike rental outfits in the airport area, but who knows whether the vehicles they offer are safe and well looked-after - and who don't rip your arm off with their suddenly-raised rental charges and hidden insurance extras ?

Once they've got you standing there in front of them with your helmet, gloves, boots and protective kit in a big plastic bag, along with your overnight suitcase, as you swelter away in the Costa del Crime heat, they've got you for sure, haven't they ?

I know what the Spans are like - I live and breathe amongst them eleven months of the year....
AL in s.e. Spain

Malaga City itself, right in front of Maria Zambrano Railway Station is Moto&go Rent who deals with scooters and mopeds but the also operate some larger bikes from a sister company "Borealis Moto Rent "

The link to Borealis Moto Rent is: http://www.borealismoto.com

Link for Moto and Go Rent is: http://www.motoandgo.es/en/

I know for certain they have R1200Rt and both Africa Twin and CB500X from Honda in Málaga. New bikes, less than 20.000

Hope it can be of help

Regards

Fran

I used the BMW outfit near the airport. They were superb in every respect. And I don't say that lightly! Hispania tours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alpamotorent is a small Spanish outfit miles away from the airport in Málaga.
For my son's visit for the first week in October, I'm tempted to put him on to the English couple by the name of Corner in Málaga who do airport transfers and also offer a wide range of Beemers. Has anybody on here had any experience of renting from them ?
There are lots of other bike rental outfits in the airport area, but who knows whether the vehicles they offer are safe and well looked-after - and who don't rip your arm off with their suddenly-raised rental charges and hidden insurance extras ?

Once they've got you standing there in front of them with your helmet, gloves, boots and protective kit in a big plastic bag, along with your overnight suitcase, as you swelter away in the Costa del Crime heat, they've got you for sure, haven't they ?

I know what the Spans are like - I live and breathe amongst them eleven months of the year....
AL in s.e. Spain

Its good you can condense a population of 46 million into a "like" and all done in 11 months.
Go on the what are the 46 million like?

Middle son Tim ended up getting to know via the web and WhatsApp a superb gent called Fran(cisco) who runs MalagaMotoRent with his Dad. What a professional outfit. They're Yam and most recently Honda agents in the centre of Málaga and do all the airport meet-ups, etc. at T3 Llegadas ( Arrivals )

Tim had personal problems ( wimmin - who needs 'em ? ) closing his initial deposited reservation for a week's holiday and had to postpone his Spanish visit to us for a further fortnight.

No problem said Fran, even delivering a bigger bike - 1200 Super Tenere, year 2017 - at the price originally quoted for an MT09. And don't worry about the kilometre allowance, he said, knowing we were heading back to Almería Province for Tim's week's holiday chuffing around the highways and byways of Los Filabres near Cantoria, Gergal, Olula del Rio. And other stunning routes.

He recommended we 'do' the fab snake-turns route up the mountain at Velefique, the "Little Selvia" climb consisting of narrow superbly asfalted 320 degree curves.
But the Velefique climb...Breathtaking. Not to be missed..especially passing the German lads on 6-foot road skis whizzing down at 70kph along the straights.
One foto for example:-

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&r...aw0go-uKlqRZkBqKABXYtO00&ust=1509210702209205

As Tim said at the end of our week - who needs the Picos when there's mountain roads in spectacular scenery like this in south-eastern Spain ? And for next Spring, albeit again trudging to and fro the 800Km round trip from here to Málaga, Fran is offering 15% discount on the bike hire charge.

Kushtie..

AL in Mojácar.

Stop Press - just found out from tame mechanic José that some guy here in Mojácar has just set up a Beemer 1200GS rental operation right in our adopted town...sufferin' succotash...

Back
Top Bottom