Can't get Zumo 660 to plot a route correctly..

To summarise in case anyone has the same issue..

I didn't realise that two devices with the same map version number could have different detail levels. I assumed when it said there was a partial map of Europe installed that it referred to the area and not the detail in the map... My mistake. So it was doing it's best to route along the via points but as it was missing a load of the roads it was never going to end well.

The two devices comment was me trying to send routes through from Basecamp. I think it had corrupted them when they were uploaded to the 660 and couldn't then route correctly.... only a theory..

Anyway thanks for all the help. Much appreciated. :thumb2:beerjug:

If you have a map loaded on your device it should have full detail, a problem might occur if a device only has a basemap for one area but otherwise "detail level" is only relevant to the maps on Mapsource or Basecamp.

John

Well when I zoomed in on Marks map he was missing loads of small roads hence the weird routing shown in the picture. Having installed the full Europe map onto an SD card it routed perfectly so I'm not convinced you're right on that...

To summarise in case anyone has the same issue..

I didn't realise that two devices with the same map version number could have different detail levels. I assumed when it said there was a partial map of Europe installed that it referred to the area and not the detail in the map... My mistake. So it was doing it's best to route along the via points but as it was missing a load of the roads it was never going to end well.

The two devices comment was me trying to send routes through from Basecamp. I think it had corrupted them when they were uploaded to the 660 and couldn't then route correctly.... only a theory..

Anyway thanks for all the help. Much appreciated. :thumb2:beerjug:

The 590 & 660 have different maps. NTU for the former & NT for the latter. The latest update for the 590 is 2018.1 I believe & 2017.1 for the 660.

Well when I zoomed in on Marks map he was missing loads of small roads hence the weird routing shown in the picture. Having installed the full Europe map onto an SD card it routed perfectly so I'm not convinced you're right on that...

That would have been a basemap. You will get strange routing as it only has main roads. There are no variations in detail in the loaded maps if correctly installed they have full detail, although you can, through settings, adjust what you see on the screen. So he had a basemap and now has full mapping.

John

The 590 & 660 have different maps. NTU for the former & NT for the latter. The latest update for the 590 is 2018.1 I believe & 2017.1 for the 660.

That difference should not cause problems. I spent years downloading routes onto devices that had all ages of map. You would be amazed how many people never update their maps. I never encountered a serious problem because of this.

John

As above the type of maps have no bearing on the routes, they will cross over with no problems but the maps will not swap over to units without problems, an ntu map will only work on an ntu unit, and the same goes for nt maps, the latest update for nt maps i believe 2017.20

Makes you wonder why Garmin even bother updating maps up to 4 times a year if nothing ever changes.

Makes you wonder why Garmin even bother updating maps up to 4 times a year if nothing ever changes.

Well it did take them 6 years to include a new bridge near where I lived in Austria.

John

Back
Top Bottom