Portsmouth ferry

harry the cat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Group of us heading for the Sunday night Portsmouth ferry in a few weeks time.

Looking for a pub or restaurant within 90 minutes of the ferry for a meal before boarding. I've seen a couple of pubs at Winchester and Fareham but I'd appreciate recommendations.:thumb

Group of us heading for the Sunday night Portsmouth ferry in a few weeks time.

Looking for a pub or restaurant within 90 minutes of the ferry for a meal before boarding. I've seen a couple of pubs at Winchester and Fareham but I'd appreciate recommendations.:thumb

We always stop here http://sevenstarsstroud.co.uk it's less than 30 minutes to the ferry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what time your Ferry check-in is - we usually get ourselves all the way to Pompey & use one of the Pubs/Restaurants on Spice Island.

Kinda gets you in the mood, indeed you may even see your ship inbound coming through the narrow harbour entrance.

Have a safe trip ..................... KEN

Not sure what time your Ferry check-in is - we usually get ourselves all the way to Pompey & use one of the Pubs/Restaurants on Spice Island.

Kinda gets you in the mood, indeed you may even see your ship inbound coming through the narrow harbour entrance.

Have a safe trip ..................... KEN

Thanks Ken. Bit scary. Press gangs, prostitutes, ruffians, and that's just my travelling companions (except for the prostitutes obviously - he said quickly). Don't know the area. Easy to park by a pub?

Thanks Ken. Bit scary. Press gangs, prostitutes, ruffians, and that's just my travelling companions (except for the prostitutes obviously - he said quickly). Don't know the area. Easy to park by a pub?

You are right, quite some history. We have always managed to get a free spot by the Spice Island Inn (2 hours), near the disabled parking bays.

Alternatively there is a P&D off East Street (I'm not sure of the bike rules), behind the Spinnaker Cafe, adjacent to the Land Rover/BAR set up. You need to wriggle around a one-way system to get to the entrance; just have a look on Google Streetview.

.................... KEN

The two main pubs at Spice island are very nice but its a very narrow cobbled street and there is no parking directly outside, there is within a few mins walk but its public and on the road, you'll be able to park outside this pub http://www.bridge-tavern-portsmouth.co.uk all 3 pubs are about 10 min ride to ferry, if you don't mind Hungry horse food there's the Sovereigns pub 2 mins from ferry port and private parking at the rear, google Sovereigns Portsmouth. Have a great trip.

Back
Top Bottom