GO PRO REPAIR - ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

Lee Frost

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition is fooked. It won't recognise any SD card, even a brand new one, or the ones that used to work fine in it. The camera freezes and won't turn off without removing the battery. The clip on LCD often doesn't work when the camera is turned on. I've been on the phone to GoPro support. I couldn't do an automatic software/firmware update as the camera wouldn't allow it and a manual update via an SD card with the latest software on also failed. They're not interested as the camera is 6 months out of warranty (I bought it in December 2014). It has hardly been used, never dropped, no damage etc, and just stopped working.
Anyone else had similar problems?
Anywhere in the UK you'd recommend I send it of a check over/repair?

Thanks Neil. I just tried a hard reset and thought I was making progress as the camera then started updating the firmware from the SD card I inserted. But after a minute or so I got 'Update failed' so I'm back to square 1!

Sorry but if Control Alt Delete or a hard reset doesn't work that is my full knowledge of anything electronic

I emailed them yesterday Neil and they reckon it's the motherboard - £130 to supply and fit a new one. I'm thinking about it!

I emailed them yesterday Neil and they reckon it's the motherboard - £130 to supply and fit a new one. I'm thinking about it!
I was asking Seb for idea and he suggested it had become corrupted :(

Not looking good Tim. Hardly used it. Seems the Hero 4 is 'sensitive'. Supposed to be a bloody action camera that can go anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom