Local Bike Theft

NomadLad

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

I'm moving from Dublin to just outside Crawley, West Sussex. I am hoping to buy a '13 onwards GS LC. Since deciding on this career-based move six months ago, I have been researching various groups on Facebook regarding bike theft.

It's no secret London is suffering terribly with a bike theft crisis at the moment and it's also well known that the GS and high value sport bikes are the most sought after and stolen bikes.

It seems this mostly affects people inside the M25 but I was just wondering how much guys on here have noticed this problem?

Some say it's not as bad as you think outside in the suburbs or commuter towns and being a part of these groups on FB would make you paranoid.

I will be living in an electric gated development with out of sight parking, I'll have a top of the range alarm and two chains locking wheels to frame. No ground anchor unfortunately.

This is really the only reason I have doubts getting a GS, if theft is that bad I will have to get an older, much less appealing adv bike.

Cheers for any input :thumb2

Hi

I live 7 miles out of Crawley and can say that, from local news etc, so far there doesn't seem to be an issue with bike thefts. Gatwick would probably be a 'hotspot' but again, there hasn't been anything in the local news etc and there are plenty of GS/GSA/high-end bike owners in these parts.

Hope this helps..:beerjug:

Hi

I live 7 miles out of Crawley and can say that, from local news etc, so far there doesn't seem to be an issue with bike thefts. Gatwick would probably be a 'hotspot' but again, there hasn't been anything in the local news etc and there are plenty of GS/GSA/high-end bike owners in these parts.

Hope this helps..:beerjug:
Hi, thanks for your input.

I'm moving to Worth, so close but not too close!

That's music to my ears!!!

:beerjug:

Hi, thanks for your input.

I'm moving to Worth, so close but not too close!

That's music to my ears!!!

:beerjug:

Keep it garaged & locked up and there is no reason you should have any issues.

BTW, there are some great roads around the area and a bit further South. A272 towards Winchester will take you to Loomies cafe along some great stretches of open road. :thumb2

BTW, there are some great roads around the area and a bit further South. A272 towards Winchester will take you to Loomies cafe along some great stretches of open road. :thumb2

Brilliant, I really appreciate the suggestion, I'll be sure to make that my first spin on the new bike.

Really looking forward to exploring the surrounding roads, green lanes and further afield!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep it out of sight and securely locked up and you will be fine. Good luck with your move ... Sussex and surrounding areas are lovely :thumb2

Keep it out of sight and securely locked up and you will be fine. Good luck with your move ... Sussex and surrounding areas are lovely :thumb2

Cheers. Good to know buddy thanks, will be starting the search for my GS next week!

And Ryka's at Boxhill too, in the early 90s it was our regular stop-off and bacon-butty outlet (not to mention the 'displays' of riding on the adjoining A24 dual carriageway - though I think the police have curbed this pretty overt and dangerous practice in recent years).
Enjoy, it's a beautiful area :)
Andy

And Ryka's at Boxhill too, in the early 90s it was our regular stop-off and bacon-butty outlet (not to mention the 'displays' of riding on the adjoining A24 dual carriageway - though I think the police have curbed this pretty overt and dangerous practice in recent years).
Enjoy, it's a beautiful area :)
Andy

Cheers Andy, Will check it out. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom