I bought one these - F700GS....

(RIP) Kaister

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Did i regret not getting the 800GS ? Nope - not a bit. This is smoother, tubeless wheels, all the gizmos and better for the road.
ok - it doesn't look as 'tough', but i'm not needing to impress anyone :)

Love it to bits. I've had 3 x 1100's before , 2 of them Red - so this is the honorary successor to the 1100 mantle.
Its much nippier, handles quicker, is just as smooth so far and just as comfortable. Its also way more economical.

Its got the 'comfort' seat and the ABS and traction control and 3 damper settings.

I'm loving it so far - had it 4 days now.

PS - its the red one at the back :)

Attachments

• bmw x 2.jpg
    bmw x 2.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 827
Welcome to world of of little twins. Lots of farkles for sale on here. I would make a headlight protector No 1. Whilst stone damage "on road" is rare, the cost of the unit £240 is spicy. My headlight had been cracked before I bought it, so its not just old wives tales.
Another good upgrade for me was Les Wassell HID for the main. I dont know how the f700 lights compare to the older 650's but mine was average at night AND scorched the reflector.

The seat upgrade you have is worthwhile as most folk realise the standard plank is limiting.

Upside a smooth engine that does 65 plus mpg and as long as you dont want to sustain 3 figure speeds all day long is a real world enjoyable bike.

Lovely looking bike.

I often wonder if I really need 1200 ccs to do most of my riding, I'm sure that this would be great for many of my rides.

Enjoy !

Bought one last year as a replacement for my 1200GSA (2009).
Really pleased and using it more as it's easier to manoeuvre in and out of my garage.
It does everything I did on the 1200.
The 1200 was only a tad better on motorways but the 700 does the A/B roads much better (I don't do off road).
220 miles tank range and a bullet proof engine, what's not to like.:beerjug:

BTW, I don't carry a pillion so can't comment on its two up performance.

Yes just about the same here did run the RT 1200 for a while but being a short arse found it a lump (lovely bike though ) The 700 is my second if you count the 650 twin as the same love em both do everything I want from a bike with ease

'little twins'... ?

These are 800cc twins...bigger than a bonneville and nearly as big as a commando. I had a 750 uk bonnie when i was 18 or 19 and it was little in size, but the engine wasn't what you'd call refined or smooth.
Norton Commando's are anything but and have to be let to dance around in the frame on rubber bits to stop them destroying themselves.

This however is amazing - smooth, torquey, powerful...absolutely amazing so far.
Handling is pin sharp - as it should be on new tyres and brand new suspension. 3 modes of damper settings, 3 engine map modes, ABS and traction control.
Not an inkling of vibration - its like you're riding a RD125cc yamaha 2 stroke single - same sort of feeling. You know its there but not intrusive.

I looked at the 1200's - but they are just way too big nowadays, maybe for 'born agains' who need to prove they can still handle a big bike, or for people that aren't using them in traffic, but for me it was a no-brainer. If you gave me a 1200, i'd like it, i'd ride it, wouldn't have anything against it but I wouldn't put money down on one after trying one of these.

I'm a fairly big person - 115kgs, 6'2" or so and it fits me perfectly and i can get both feet on the ground if i need to with the 'comfort' seat.
I pushed the bars slightly forward as i'm a bit long of arm and prefer that feel.

I've had my 700gs for a year now (2nd hand) and I love the gizmos on it (same as yours) and as I'm short I can just about cope with the comfort seat. My advice would be to get a better screen ( I've got a Puig which is vibey but much better especially in colder temps) and a sol2be ( see seperate thread) which will improve ride quality no end.

+ 1 for the 700GS. I myself downsized from the big boxers and Ks to a 900 Tracer 848cc. Does everything I need it to do with ease. But ive always fancied a 700GS and if I change again...
Best colour for that bike I recon.
I witnessed yesterday at W S M. bike park, a man struggling to manhandle a 1200GS Lc out a slot and the look of strain and apprehension on his face said it all.

Back
Top Bottom