Suggestions where to mount dashcam on f700gs

soupdragon

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a dashcam for my bike (been watching car crash Britain too much!). I've got the Givi Airflow adjustable windshield fitted so am limited as to where to mount a camera to get a good view of the road ahead. Was thinking of using the handshield metal mount near to the rightside bar end weight. Anyone got experience of how useful a camera can be? Are the cheap ones much good? Techbase (£120) seem reasonably good quality.

I thought about mounting on the bike, but went with the helmet in the end - better field of vision & you can make a point of looking at the danger/crim - if it's on the bike you're very restricted to the front view which may not always be the one you want.

I went with a Contour Roam 3 - but that's because I already had it for kayaking. I prefer side mounted on Helmets to top....

D

I think I would prefer a cam that is powered off the 12v socket (and switches on and off with the ignition) rather than one that needs to be charged after 2-3 hours (The contour gets some poor reviews for battery life, viruses in the software and zero customer support on Amazon). Having said that, they all seem to have issues of some sort and have short useful lives. Also, one that is geared to recording 'roadlife' would be more useful I think, that is one that automatically records over footage when card is full etc.

I think I would prefer a cam that is powered off the 12v socket (and switches on and off with the ignition) rather than one that needs to be charged after 2-3 hours (The contour gets some poor reviews for battery life, viruses in the software and zero customer support on Amazon). Having said that, they all seem to have issues of some sort and have short useful lives. Also, one that is geared to recording 'roadlife' would be more useful I think, that is one that automatically records over footage when card is full etc.

Drift stealth 2 can be used as a dash cam

Back
Top Bottom