Where do you mount yours?

geezer2005

Reaction score
Ive bought the Nav 6 so fancy treating myself to a Garmin cam.

Is there anyone who has one, and has mounted it on the bike?

Where are the best places to mount it? I don't want to put it on the helmet.

Thanks in advance.

Experiment.

It's free, it's safe * and above all it's fun.

* Providing that is you employ a modicum of common sense. If you can snap your fingers at will, you'll be fine.

Experiment.

It's free, it's safe * and above all it's fun.

* Providing that is you employ a modicum of common sense. If you can snap your fingers at will, you'll be fine.

Funny boy - already tried various positions but vibration is often a problem still thanks for the valuable input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ahhh just thought where I haven't tried sticking it !

I mounted my Drift on a Ram mount arm next to the clutch lever but there is too much of the screen visible.
Tried the engine bars but too much vibration, although it seemed OK last year. Maybe it was because I was doing autobahn speeds. There are brackets that utilise the indicator mount but are for the right side only.
I use my camera mostly when I'm abroad and want a left side mount.
I've thought of drawing something up & getting them laser cut. All it needs is a laser cut shape and bent up.

Ahhh just thought where I haven't tried sticking it !

See, not so hard when you really try.

PS It might help if you and the OP gave the world a clue as to what motorcycle (I assume it's a motorcycle?) you plan on mounting the camera. A FireBlade might well be different from say a 1200 GSA (twipple bwack) or even a bicycle.

Ive bought the Nav 6 so fancy treating myself to a Garmin cam.

Is there anyone who has one, and has mounted it on the bike?

Where are the best places to mount it? I don't want to put it on the helmet.

Thanks in advance.

Any clue as to what bike?

R1200gs TC in my case looking for a place of least vibration without resorting to fixing it to me if possible

I tried a stick on mount on the screen, but wasn't happy with the results. My dash am is mounted on the bars via a ram mount, looking through the screen. Quality is ok, good enough for if there was an incident. If I was using my GoPro, it would be mounted on the side of my helmet, then at least you can "look" at things to the side.
Mark

I tried a stick on mount on the screen, but wasn't happy with the results. My dash am is mounted on the bars via a ram mount, looking through the screen. Quality is ok, good enough for if there was an incident. If I was using my GoPro, it would be mounted on the side of my helmet, then at least you can "look" at things to the side.
Mark

Cheers for that

Tried my Drift Ghost on the bike, too much vibs, best results with the camera on the helmet. drift does not look too much like a brick.....:D

Tried my Drift Ghost on the bike, too much vibs, best results with the camera on the helmet. drift does not look too much like a brick.....:D

Yeah - you don't want kids in the street, shouting "Look at that brick on the bike!" :D

Just tried sticking my garmin cam to the beak and results are pretty good (not as good as helmet mounting though)

Certainly think the better the camera the better they deal with vibes though

Back
Top Bottom